Thread: Recover data from a WD SATA Hard Drive (My Cloud)

Registered

Recover data from a WD SATA Hard Drive (My Cloud)

Hello - Trying to help my daughter recover files from a Western Digital NAS My Cloud storage device. She has Wedding Pictures, Financial documents and several other important files. The OS was fried. No damage to the hard disk (WD30EFRX wmc4n1347190 BIN W2). I sent the device to a Data Recovery company for a free estimate. The good news all the files (29K+) are recoverable.... Bad news, the price tag requested was $799.00 (OUCH, OUCH). So I watched a few You Tube videos. Just ordered a hard drive connector cable cord (cheap). When it arrives.... looks like all I need to do is 'Plug & Play'. (nothing is ever that easy). Am I getting into something I'll regret? One concern, the My Cloud is an NAS device. Will the files copy over without any related/needed software? Any suggestions or pointers to lift my confidence before I start this "project" are appreciated.

Registered
    Thank you for sharing how to do it

Why haven't you used the services of a salvage data company? I think they could save you files. I also had an SSD from Transcend for one terabyte to keep all my family's photos and videos. It is a relict for my mother, so I thought she would terminate me when I dropped the SSD in the water. I connected it to the computer, and it couldn't read it. I was very afraid about was my mother would say, and I also was made on me because there were a lot of great memories of our family. Luckily I found out about salvagedata.com the next day, and they were able to recover the data from the SSD.