Thread: A way of bringing traffic and increasing PR

Registered

A way of bringing traffic and increasing PR

Hello, guys! I'd like to know your opinion about such a way. Look: if you build a custom soft (a liitle but useful), register it in a software catalogues that may bring a new traffic to your site. Also, it may increase your PR, 'cause you'll get a lot of your links on a highly popular sites. how do you find it?

I'm the oogie boogie man! James's Avatar
    Stop spamming, you git. The message, in very poor English, was trying to say you could bring traffic to your site if you build a toolbar with the site that's in his signature then submit that toolbar to software directories, I think.

it would be allright if he were spamming a useful or decent product

I don't think he is spamming. He does have a point, and a lot of companies do it - provide free software in order to raise profile. One of favourite PC games, Pool 'm up, is in fact a full free game to promte Domelsch(Dutch Beer). As long as the product does what it says and does not employ dogdgy tricks it works to some extent. Heck if I'm in Holland I may try Domelsch just to see it as I've played all the games they released(3 in total).

Registered
    You're right, Xander, but I mean not only branding your company using software. I meant submitting in a software directories, like tntcheats said. Well, if you want it to be a toolbar - why not That's not a spam, I just want to know your opinions about such a method. Which problems do you see in it? Would you use it?