Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In total, how much have you made from AWS?

Quote Originally Posted by thepoorman
    what about other affiliate programs? Surely someone is making more one off those.
    What, datafeed affiliate programs? I tried one with ebags.com and it's hardly made anything. Again, it needs more PR. Chris has had success with his new datafeed sites. But then, he has the PR to send to them.

Well not as much as before... I'm shocked that his survival site went down to PR5 when a 6 months ago it was PR7...

Well, the whole PR update was a bit weird really. A lot of unexpected drops. From what I can see, DMOZ has less PR.

what about those people at abestweb? What are they doing?

Not all of the programs at abestweb are datafeed sites. DentalPlans for example.

However, there are a few, such as zZounds.com. I think the most successful affiliate marketers there use a combination of advertising (such as AdWords for example), SEO and marketing products to their site's existing users.

Quite often the figures that are quoted, ie, "Blahblah was the top affiliate this month and made a massive $34,000" are not profit. A big proportion of that will go straight on advertising costs. So they may only make a couple thousand profit for example.

Around $500 - would have been nearly double that if a $6000 order hadnt disappeared before appearing in earnings

Around a coupla hundred on advertising though...

Registered
    I've made $300 in my first three months. But the past month has dropped quite a bit. Most was made with one site in the first two months. Initially, google unleashed on one of my sites and for whatever reason, I was getting some great results. The traffic was incredible. I decided to capitalize on it and update the mod_rewrite, but neglected to do a custom 404 to redirect to new urls before google came back and went through hundreds of my listings. Google just started showing some love again this past week.

Have built two more sites since. Working on links now.

BTW, have been a lurker here for a while, but finally getting off my duff to post Feel like I know some of you guys already, have read so many of your posts!

Welcome. You've got some nice sites there. Did you design them yourself? Really nice!

Registered
    Thank you. Yes, I did the design work on each. Though the the upper left part of the power tools site was inspired from a template I saw on monster templates. The script is from www.ghostscripter.com and I have modified it quite a bit and changed the mod_rewrite to my own preference.

Registered
    nothing actually worth saying.. i dont pay much attetion to amazon these days

GTech, I agree with Chromate, your sites are fantastic, clean and stylish. The best I have seen.

Nintendo hire this guy and retire!

Quote Originally Posted by incka
    Well not as much as before... I'm shocked that his survival site went down to PR5 when a 6 months ago it was PR7...
    All sites went down.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

Registered
    Thanks BillyRay and chromate.

Hoping to expand to some other affiliate programs in the near future.

Registered
    Around $50 from half of last quarter on....

After the last google update I am starting to doubt these AWS sites will pay the cost of their hosting + names.

Yes great work GTech, thats how AWS should look

I'm the oogie boogie man! James's Avatar
    I'm getting a few clicks (just a few), but no buys; I don't get much traffic to it though as I don't really know jack squat about promoting something like this for free without possessing large sites (PR and traffic pools) to link to it.