Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cell phones

Cell phones

I wanna start a site about cell phones, but what do I do for the pictures? can I get them from the cell phones main site?

From MSN emotions to cell phones? Both areas that are saturated and developed by many other webmasters at websitepublisher.net.

Maybe you should keep brainstorming? Do you have any examples of websites you have already completed? It may help the community here provide better advice if they know what you are capable of.

The best,
    Kyle

You are trying to compete on areas that you are no where near ready to compete. Start smaller ... pick a history topic maybe? Use Wikipedia to get information on the topic etc.
    New website released. ya rly!

Registered
    I do believe that you should come up with something that someone doesn't already have... it tends to get bigger faster

Website Developer
    There is no way you will come up with something new. Pick any topic and there probably is at least 2 sites out there already. Instead of thinking cell phones in general think about some sort of cell phone niche and go from there.
    Make more money - Read my Web Publishing Blog

Quote Originally Posted by AndyH
    You are trying to compete on areas that you are no where near ready to compete. Start smaller ... pick a history topic maybe? Use Wikipedia to get information on the topic etc.

I have about 20 history domains. My tip is to buy original content, not use wikipedia.

Quote Originally Posted by incka
    I have about 20 history domains. My tip is to buy original content, not use wikipedia.
    Maybe, but I think he needs to learn alot more about simply building a site and the basics.
    New website released. ya rly!

AndyH - I agree completely, which is why I ask to see examples of thebillionares work, if there are any.
    Kyle

No, I don't have a site at the moment, which is why im looking for a topic. But back to the question can i get the pics for the cell phones site?

I'm the oogie boogie man! James's Avatar
    You really don't know much about copyrights, etc. do you?
    To put it simple: any site that doesn't state its content is in the public domain is copyrighted 99-100% of the time.

If you plan on a cell phone reviews site, you could put pictures of the cellphones and talk about how they look as that would be fair use. But that's risky, as it's not the most well-formed law, and if you go to court it's all up to the judge you get.

Getting phone pics is no big deal. Any affiliate program selling them lets you use the pictures.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

Trench Warfare
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyH
    Maybe, but I think he needs to learn alot more about simply building a site and the basics.
    I agree. He should get a free hosting account and play around before he tries to make commercial websites.
    ________
    buy vapolution
    Last edited by ozgression; 02-06-2011 at 06:58 AM.

Using wikipedia would be a good beginning experiment for a "starter website".
    Kyle

I agree too, you need a first website, to play around with, get an idea of how things work, and the best way to solve things.

Once you are more familiar with how to build a site, move on to how to build a profitable site.

I guess I can make a info site on a topic, but I have no idea how to market a site on information.