Thread: Age.

Age.

Just got denied a western union transfer because I'm not 18. I own a ****ing private limited company for ****s sake, and they won't let me send money to businesses, the ****ers.

Chronic Entrepreneur
    Are you allowed to own a private limited company if you're under 18? I'm not trying to antagonize you, I'm just honestly curious.

Website Developer
    Well with contract law (in the US at least -- I don't know about the UK) any minor can exit a contract at any time. You can literly wreck a car, return and then person that sold it to you has to refund you the entire amount you originally paid for it.

It can be frustrating trying to run a business as a minor. I didn't even try starting until after I had turned 18 -- which I now regret. For all the frustrations you have now the advantages you will have over other people your same age will be enormous. Play your cards right and you'll be right on track for a million or more before 30.
    Make more money - Read my Web Publishing Blog

Westech: I believe that in the UK you can, providing a co-director is over 18.
    Stepping On Wires - the new blog

You don't even need a co-director over 18 in England and Wales. There is no minimum age, but companies house says under 5's won't even be considered.

I can get a credit card I just found out, under the business name, but still can't do western union, and I can't find a bank that can wire money to Pakistan... I need to send money to a games developer over their, I'm thinking of sending a paypal of money to a friend over there who can send money to the guy...

yeah, in the US one cant do much till their 18. Its a bunch of BS.

It can be frustrating trying to run a business as a minor. I didn't even try starting until after I had turned 18 -- which I now regret. For all the frustrations you have now the advantages you will have over other people your same age will be enormous. Play your cards right and you'll be right on track for a million or more before 30.
    Hell yea your right. Sean you will definantly much more wealthy then your peers, if that is your goal. You have crazy business sense for your age.