Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firefox.

Firefox.

Get firefox. I have. I didn't regret it.

Chronic Entrepreneur
    I agree wholeheartedly. I use Firefox all the time now. It's an awesome browser and I'll never go back to Internet Exploder.

On an unrelated note, I hear that on spreadfirefox.com they have an affiliate program type of thing where you can post links with your affiliate ID and get points for everyone you refer. If you get a few points, you can get your link listed on a couple of high-PR pages on spreadfirefox.com...
    Last edited by Westech; 11-24-2004 at 01:09 PM.

Watch the firefox links appear in everyones sig

Have been using firefox for about a year or so now. Have to use IE here at uni, and it makes you realise what a useless incapable browser it is. Why on earth they dont have tabs i dont know...

Website Developer
    I have exclusively been using firefox for ages now. It was called Phoenix when I first started using it. It took me a while to get used to it, but once I did I haven't turned back.

I thought the "browser wars" were long over after IE clearly dominated Netscape. Looks like part 2 is starting...
    Make more money - Read my Web Publishing Blog

I'm spreading firefox as much as possible. I'm thinking of making it like an active x pop if I made a buddy icon website... Heh Heh... The last one of those they see!

I tried using firefox but couldn't get used to it, I've been using IE far too long
    Don't you just love free internet games ?

It's hard to get used to at first, but when you start playing about with it's settings and personalising it you won't want to go back...

I've tweaked mine to load pages about twice as fast as internet explorer can.

Chronic Entrepreneur
    Quote Originally Posted by incka
    I'm thinking of making it like an active x pop if I made a buddy icon website... Heh Heh... The last one of those they see!
    I love the idea of using an active X exploit to install firefox! The irony is delicious.

And make it so it makes firefox the default browser and removes desktop and quicklaunch IE links... Serves microsoft right for making IE so insecure...

That would be good, I have had to go in manually to swap IE shortcuts to load firefox instead on peoples computers I look after securitywise...

I've got a thing for the US securities levels in firefox. It's currently on scared. I'm scared all right. But not of terrorists, of the people who made those security levels...

firefox is a good browser, yet not perfect. It is many times better then Mozilla proper. With IE I have not been exploited yet, please dont try . I think it matters what sites one visits. If your regular exursion onto the Internet is just NYT and Hotmail I dont think browser security really matters. But deep into the internet there seem to be not so nice people.

Quote Originally Posted by incka
    I've tweaked mine to load pages about twice as fast as internet explorer can.
    Incka, would you mind telling us how you did this?

maybe he went into the source code and tweaked it from inside. And Compiled it to his absolute specs. Isn't that what Open Source is for?

I like it, mainly because of the PR box, but it has MAJOR downsides to it. It can be slow, BIG time. Try to download a file and you might as well go spend a half hour watching Ken Jennings get rich quick , because it hardly let's you do anything while it tries to download, then at the end of downloading it does nothing. I always have to force close the browser after downloading something to stop the cursed beace ball (iMac).

Here's what some one gave me to make it faster when I first got it, where it was slow just to go from page to page.

Type about:config in your browser
    Go down to network.http.pipelining change this to true
    Go to network.http.pipelining.maxrequests change this to 8
    Go to network.http.proxy.pipelining and change that to true
    network.http.max-connections-per-server Default value is 8. I changed mine to 12.