Thread: Advertising a News Site: Tips Please.

Gimme Fries with that!

Advertising a News Site: Tips Please.

I wanted to get some feedback since I just recently started advertising my movie news site. My site is updated throughout the day, over 50,000 pages now, and has a large community in the 4months ive been running it. I am interested in advertising my site and wanted some feedback from people on good methods and locations to advertise.

I am currently advertising on a few sites, primarily for the backlinks factor, www.movieforums.com being one of them. I am looking to bring in more visitors since 50% of people who do visit keep coming back on a semi-daily fashion.

I have a dvd news section which also is interlinked with amazon for dvd purchases and it does ok. I would like to improve my visitor numbers as well as my sales, so if you were me, what would YOU do.

Thanks guys.

Are you in Google News yet? Also, submit your news source to news aggregators.

Gimme Fries with that!
    hmm good idea.. how do i get into google news, and what news aggregators do you suggest? We do 50-100+ news items a week on the latest movie happenings.. so we dont have any shortage

Thanks for your help

Chronic Entrepreneur
    Have you thought about pay per click search engines like Google Adwords or Overture? You could probably get cheap bids for movies that aren't new releases and direct searchers to the specific page on whatever movie they're searching for. You could do the same for directors, etc. If your site is good at getting visitors to return, then this might be a relatively low cost way to generate some return visitors.

Gimme Fries with that!
    Yeah westech I was doing that for awhile with a couple pages, and it did seem to make an impact, problem was being new to this whole deal I was advertising the WRONG thing. I am going to advertise my directors pages, and movie pages thta way my readers get a crapload of news, movie related info, and most importantly it has my dvd links on it so i can hopefully draw in more pageviews and make a couple sales

Really interested in how i can get my news in the google news, or other places.. thanks for the suggestions guys, keep em coming please

Trench Warfare
    Yeah, PPC advertising is an option. But you would have to work out whether you can make your money back.
    ________
    medical marijuana
    Last edited by ozgression; 02-06-2011 at 06:31 AM.

Gimme Fries with that!
    yeah ive done the math and i could make it back.... my big thing is the 50% return rate on visitors. So every visitor is of value. News aggregates sound like the answer, and google news, hopefully somebody can tell me where to start on those two