Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SEO paying someone to do it.

Registered

SEO paying someone to do it.

hi there
    a company contacted me the other day with the promise to get me on page 1 of the top 25 search engines, I asked them if that included Google and yahoo and the said yes.
    I also asked them how they achieved this and they said they would put extra pages on my site that would mimic my content but will be optimised to my specified keywords,they said they do not link from another site but the do put in a number of internal links.
    my point being is there anyone out there who knows what they are doing in the pages they create and is it possible for me to do the same.
    www.brakes4u.co.uk

page 1 on what term?

Sure it's possible - the question is whether you want to fill your site with junk pages, or get top placements 'properly'. I don't think what they're offering is something you'd really want to do - sounds like filling pages with spam, IMO.

(mind you, I'm often wrong)
    Stepping On Wires - the new blog

Registered
    hi there Incka
    EBC BRAKES but they said upto 20 key phrases
    www.brakes4u.co.uk

Registered
    hi markb
    i did ask them that and they said they abide by the seo rules
    Last edited by jr1966; 09-06-2004 at 12:32 PM.
    www.brakes4u.co.uk

jr1966, You ask if it is possible for you to do the same, and the answer is yes.

The claims made by the company offering SEO services to you are too vague. If they're a good company, they wont mind explaining to you exactly what they intend to do. It's simply not right for them to state that they can get you on the front page for 20 key phrases of your choice, as it will not always be possible if the phrases are competitive for example.

How can they promise that? They don't have control over google or yahoo, so they can't promise anything.
    Don't you just love free internet games ?

Registered
    I agree with you all but they said my main keyword EBC BRAKES isn't that competitive which will make it easier to achieve,
    but I am finding it difficult to move higher that about 50th position, I have tried to follow Chris's advice have pr5 but the site wont move up.
    take a look guy's and give me some hope.

regards john
    www.brakes4u.co.uk

Your site won't get good rankings until about a year old.

Quote Originally Posted by incka
    Your site won't get good rankings until about a year old.
    says who ?

It's definitely possible to get good rankings early - I'm on page 1 for 'community consultant' within just a month or so of trying (thanks to a keyword-rich link from a PR 7 site). Have people link to you using your keywords, and it will help - especially if they're from related sites.
    Stepping On Wires - the new blog

yeah. There shouldn't be too much of a problem getting on the front page for "EBC BRAKES" as it's not that competitive.

What 25 search engines? The fact that they say they'll help you on 25 search engines when there are only like 4 makes me question their business as a whole.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

Registered
    take a look at there site
    http://www.bowmac.net/
    www.brakes4u.co.uk

Registered
    this is the email they sent me:

This is a detailed Technical explanation of how we propose to market your website.

Tender

As discussed we propose to promote you under a range of search phrases, with two derivative phrases for each, as supplied by yourselves to the major twenty five search engines for the UK and US markets, between them these engines supply over 98% of all UK search traffic and a major proportion of US and global traffic.

Through four and a half years of extensive research and the development of a network of over fifteen hundred of our own live test pages we have developed various methodologies that enable ourselves to achieve top ranking search engine positions for our clients.

We understand exactly the criteria applied by the various search engines when spidering sites to obtain the most relevant results possible. Many of these criteria are simple mathematical algorithms that separately measure and ascertain only one small aspect of the target page, however there are approximately one hundred algorithms employed by the major search engines and when each of these is correctly weighted the search engine (S.E.) produces highly relevant results to the search query presented to it and thus places vendor with potential buyer of the product or services concerned.

We create additional pages for your website. These pages contain legitimate content, relevant to the products that you sell and are fully functional pages integrated into your site. We ensure that the design and layout of these pages is consistent with the design and layout of your site. This makes the pages indistinguishable from the pages you have created yourself thereby providing the user with a consistent experience. This combination of full functionality, with high-level design work, seamlessly meshing with your existing pages ensures that search engines themselves see these pages as valid - and due to the extensive experience and research we utilise in the construction of our work - incredibly relevant for the phrases promoted within the page. Typically we would group phrases into themes thereby allowing us to promote 5 --10 phrases within one page. This means that we will create 10 - 20 new web pages for each 100 phrases promoted.

Due to the engineering of these pages they achieve exceptional prominence on the search engine listings.

I would mention that the pages will mimic the existing site so that potential clients will not realize that it is a separate page but believe it to be a integral part of the site, and secondly the method that we use will in no way put the site in danger of spamming as there are no invisible text / redirects and everything we do remains above board and transparent to the search engines.

Amongst the common criteria search engines look for, 'link popularity', 'search phrase density' and 'search phrase proximity' are particularly important. Each of the pages we will create for you will be linked together and to several master pages and directories that we will create, this is to ensure that they score very highly for 'link popularity ', a major criteria particularly with Google. Each of these pages will also contain the correct ' search phrase density ' (the amount of times the search phrase appears) and ' search phrase proximity' (where in the text the search phrase appears).

Usually to create these pages we would normally need to be supplied with the phrases you wish to promote, along with 4 or 5 short descriptions of your company upon which to base the search engine listing description, and 4 or 5 fuller descriptions of the company from which we would create the main body text of the specialized pages.

Once we have created these pages, we will manually submit them to the major search engines at the optimum rate for each engine, some search engines will not allow or accept automatic software submission such as submit it, top dog etc. so manually submitting is the best way.

Proposal:

To promote 20 search phrases similar to those listed below:

Proof of age

Health and safety

Health and safety products

Health and safety training courses

Fire safety

Fire safety training courses

Fire safety products

Food safety

Food safety training courses

Food hygiene

Food hygiene products

Food hygiene training courses

HACCP
    training standards

Environmental health

On licence

Off licence

Online fire training

Internal audit

External audit

We will create a network of pages, designed specifically with relevant content, links and coding etc to rank well with the search engine criteria. These pages will look very similar to your website, with similar colours and graphics etc. The creation of the pages will take around 3-4 weeks.
    Once the pages have been created, we will send them to you for uploading, we will then begin the manual submission process.
    We allow around ten weeks to achieve top positions, but they may appear sooner depending when google etc release there spiders.
    Once the first positions are achieved we will send a detailed report showing the positions. You will continue to receive a report every quarter throughout your contract.

Cost:

20 Search phrases

What happens next?

Once we receive your order we will:

Conduct a primary submission of your site to the search engines
    Perform a primary submission of your site to the main directories
    Create bespoke pages in readiness for your search phrases
    These pages comprise of:

Master pages
    Subsidiary pages
    Portal Directory pages

This takes approximately three days at which point we will send you your access codes to the members area on our website, and to your on line phrase and description form, we will also invoice you for payment at this time if you have not taken advantage of the credit card payment facility.

On receipt of payment we will then:

Consult on your chosen search phrases and company descriptions to ensure you gain maximum benefit from your campaign.
    Deliver a detailed schedule outlining timescales and processes
    When we obtain the promised positions we:

Promote your site and report on your positions for 12 months

In addition to all of this we will continue to:

Provide full personal technical support
    Research all submission protocols and search algorithms through constant analysis of over 1,500 test pages, thus refining our positioning strategies on your behalf.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me.
    www.brakes4u.co.uk