Thread: Drop-ship supplier needed.

Junior Registered

Exclamation Drop-ship supplier needed.

Hey all . I'm new to this forum. I really want to start my own ecommerce site selling auto styling products (bodykits, lights, interior, etc.). i saw this link on google. http://www19.dropshipwholesale.net/autodirectory.php but i'm not to impressed on how it looks so don't know if legit. The auto styling industry has really boomed after fast and furious. and along witht eh games that are coming out now. everywhere you look you see a piece of a bodykit on a car or something done to it. I think this is a great business and would like to get in. So if you know of any drop shippers (because don't have the money to order 700+ pieces of each product) it would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

Registered
    Any site with "dropship wholesale" in its url is bound to be not worth joining or looking into. You can find some good auto dropshippers at mydssd.com - it has a directory of dropshippers; but you have to pay to be a member.

Drop shippers tend to squeeze business profits too much. I think you're better off finding a good affiliate program. Your work will be less and your profits about the same.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

4x4
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    Drop shippers tend to squeeze business profits too much. I think you're better off finding a good affiliate program. Your work will be less and your profits about the same.
    Not to mention the headache if your dropshipper accidently sends an incorrect item! Not only do you have to deal with your customer about the incorrect item you have to deal with your dropshipper now too. And if your dropshipper is another middleman they have to deal with the warehouse or their dropshipper... Big problems with this... I wish I didn't know about!

Same thing holds true for those that ship late or to a wrong address etc.

Keep in mind there are good dropshippers though.. but you need to do some serious volume, and have some stuff automated to make it "easy".

-Todd

Is dropshipping not a better option if you intend to sell the items youself when you are able to? Don't some affliate schemes and places like Amazon take away your chances of repeat customers/sales?

KrazyPRican, have you considered the JC Whitney Sport Compact affiliate program? I recently signed up to put it on my online carshow for imports.

Junior Registered
    Are you looking to dropship in the UK or US?