Thread: rolling updates

rolling updates

Does anyone here share my thought that maybe Google isn't doing rolling updates like they used to? There was a time where it seemed they were doing significant updates evey week, and new pages/sites of mine were being properly ranked within days.

In the past few months, it seems these rolling updates are gone. Or perhaps they only apply to pre-Florida domains. When I add new pages to SurviveOutdoors.com, they are properly ranked almost immediately (REGARDLESS of localrank). However when it comes to new domains, they get screwed. No "fresh" bonus or anything... Thus the sandbox theory formed.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Kyle; 08-22-2004 at 08:09 PM.
    Kyle

Trench Warfare
    I've experienced a similar thing.

I think when you add pages to your survival site they get spidered right away because the spiders visit the site daily (or more) and the links lead to it.
    ________
    Lamborghini Murci?lago
    Last edited by ozgression; 02-06-2011 at 06:08 AM.

I should clear this up. I'm not referring to pages being indexed, i'm referring to them ranking properly. Indexing time is still pretty reasonable.
    Kyle

I think there is something going on. Since the last big update, or whatever that fiasco was, my main page and my flash tutorials main page have been swapping between 260 and 280 for the term flash tutorials, sometimes one in the higher position, sometimes the other.

I just checked this DC (64.233.171.104) and my main page is ranked 153. Sad since the site is over 4 years old, but it's the highest it's ever been and I'll take it. But I haven't seen this update on google.com yet. I'm still looking for other stuff, but so far I'm still showing up zip for most of my sites.

And virtual-fx.net is STILL ranked in the top 10, despite being dead for 3-4 months or more. And I wonder why I suffer in ranking for that search.
    Shawn Kerr .com

crap. Now I'm back further on that DC than I am on google.com.
    Shawn Kerr .com

I've noticed it too, my new sites get almost no hits from SEs
    Elliot Lee
    Google Forums - Community for Google Fans!

It does seem like its takes a long time for new pages to rank where they should. It just takes time, but Google still rocks.

Gimme Fries with that!
    my page has taken time to rank well. .but daily spidering by google helps.... it does seem to rank some of my more obscure pages relatively quickly, but competitive terms i am still pretty deep ( 2 or 3 pages on google)

Google has been weird again for me since August (when this thread was started).
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

Chris,

How has google been weird for you? Again, the sandbox is still applying to anything new I start.

I'm still seeing the same type of things as I did when this thread first started.

New content gets indexed and properly ranked within 5 business days usually for SurviveOutdoors. All my new sites are still doing pretty horrible.
    Kyle

Not that blue at all Blue Cat Buxton's Avatar
    Adventure Vacations must be about 5-6 months old.

For that term, it is slowly moving up the rankings-it first appeared ar 500 ish, then jumped by about 100, then the same again-it is now at 200 and something.

This could be because that is where it should be ranked just taking PRinto account but I think there must be some new site damper in effect as well to explain the slow climb up the ranking (Mind you I wont complain if it keeps climbing)