Thread: Difference Between HTML websites and CMS website

Registered

Difference Between HTML websites and CMS website

Can anyone tell me which one is better CMS or pure HTML?
    Also If I need to do SEO on the website which in which one I can do it easily?

Registered
    (HyperText Markup Language) and CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) are the two vital programming dialects for making any site. Regardless of the possibility that you chose to utilize a CMS for your site, it will in any case require an outline or a subject made with HTML, CSS, and PHP.

Choosing between HTML and a content management system (CMS) to design and maintain a business website can be a difficult choice for new start-up companies. HTML is generally considered to be the traditional method for designing a website. The coding language is the backbone of webpages, and the structure, content and design of a website comprises of hundreds of line of HTML code. A CMS is a server-side software platform powered by a database. All website data and information is stored in this database, rather than using webpages. The CMS automatically creates the main structure and design (as well as the tricky HTML) of a website. A CMS provides a user friendly, browser-based interface so new content can be easily created and website configurations can be changed. The two approaches to web design are radically different, and they both bring advantages and disadvantages that new small business websites need to consider.

Junior Registered
    For seo point of view Wordpress is best one t go with it, It rank easily in search engine than html website, and Wordpress has own search engine

Registered
    HTML

Any site that has fixed/ stagnant content usually written in html code.

- Every page will have the code written separately, just as you see it on the web.
    - Every page has to be saved separately on the server.
    - Changes have to be made manually every time, and you need coding knowledge to make any and all changes.

Advantages:

- Easy to develop
    - Cheap to develop
    - Cheap to host

CMS

- Pages of the website are not coded and saved separately.
    - The design is saved separately .
    - Corresponding content are saved separately.
    - The pages are dynamically populated every time.

Advantages:

- Much more functional website
    - Much easier to update
    - Much easier to add new content
    - New content brings people back to the site and helps in the search engines
    - Can work as a system to allow staff or users to collaborate

Registered
    Creating a HTML website from scratch is not an easy task. Even with HTML visual editor software such as Adobe Dreamweaver.
    CMS is a server-side software platform powered by a database. All website data and information is stored in this database, rather than using webpages.

Junior Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by osforum4 View Post
    Can anyone tell me which one is better CMS or pure HTML?
    Also If I need to do SEO on the website which in which one I can do it easily?
    If you want to keep updating your website continually, then CMS is the right choice. Because, updating, adding or deleting the contents or media files in CMS is easy.

If you want to design the simple website with 4 to 5 pages design and no update in future, then you can go with pure HTML.

Nowadays, even simple websites are choose CMS only. There are many open source CMS available for free. Some of the most popular CMS are wordpress, and joomla. But, I would suggest you to start your website with wordpress. Because wordpress is very easy to use. Many wordpress resources, helpful articles and communities are avaiable.

Registered
    And yeah, going with web design is not that easy, cuz it's a somehow a new thing and could be very helpful if do have the skill. If you still learning, you can ask outsource illustration services to do that for you.

Registered
    Cms a content manament system is just that, a "framework" that will allow for easier management og content. I dont agree that a cms has more functionality except fot the fact that if written in php it can be dynamic in nature which is what you want for users. Html websites are easy to code and static yes they are limited by not being dynamic managing pages can be a tedious task.

However with the right skills you can get alot of functionality out of a static html with some good javasrcipt and ajax coding, your speed on a static and the control of each element is far easier too get exactly what you need. Its harder of the two and despite what most people may say.

However with user experience being so vital in todays world dynamic pages are a must to personalise user experiences so you need the php of a non static site. Wordpres with a bunch of plugins however is not the best option imo.