Thread: Hostony.com

Hostony.com

I've used them sinse december 2003 I think, starting out on a shared hosting package which was very good value and then moving onto a dedicated server, which is expensive compared with others, but as they fully manage the server and fix and problems instantly while other companies do not offer this the $195 a month seems a good rate.

The support is either excellent or rubish. Most of the time it has been excellent but there has been one occasion when I was dealing with people who did not know what they were talking about when they were setting up the server, causing it to be down for half a month, at least my sites were still on shared hosting at the time so no revenue was lost.

I feel no need to move from them, and if I need a second dedicated server I would probably buy it from them again.

Registered
    Wow... The shared plan looks like a great deal. 3 TB bandwidth is amazing... then plus all of it's other features! Thank you!

Registered
    Just so you know this thread is 2.5 years old. A lot can change at a hosting company in that time.
    ________
    TOYOTA 7M-GE HISTORY
    Last edited by rpanella; 03-17-2011 at 10:32 AM.

Registered
    Thanks for pointing that out. I have ready through the problems users are having in the forums and decided not to order hosting through them.

I (I was incka) changed from them to The Planet and have some shared hosting on GoDaddy (which is give or take, depending on what server your account ends up on).

Registered
    I have been hearing a lot of good things about hostgator. Have you tried them?

Just to let people know, Hostony rapidly downhill and I was forced to move as my sites seemed to be doing down everyday.
    Don't you just love free internet games ?

These is an good offer keep updating the valuable information!!!

Junior Registered
    Looks pretty average.
    Pricing looks fairly cheap - but there are lots cheaper.
    The forum has not seen any activity for about 6 years.