Thread: Does redesigning effects website's seo ranking?

Registered

Does redesigning effects website's seo ranking?

Does redesigning effects website's seo ranking?

If you are going to change the design of a website it will not affect your SEO so long as you keep your URL structure the same. So if your URLS are www.mysite.com/mycategory/my-page then you want to make sure that you use the same URL when implementing the new site. It is the URLS and the page content that have gained Google trust and authority over the years and not the design itself.

If you are changing the type of code your site uses (aspx to php) and just cannot keep the URL structure then you will need to make sure that you 301 redirect every single page to its matching page on the new site. (Eg www.mysite.com/mycategory/my-page.aspx will need to 301 redirect to www.mysite.com/mycategory/my-matching-page). Unfortunately, when you change the URL structure there is always some loss of page authority even when you have a 301 redirect in place. As for linkbuilding, make sure that all target pages that have incoming links 301 redirect to the new URL, then notify the site linking to you that your URL has changed.

Website redesigning is always done with an intention to improve user experience and hence if you have kept SEO-friendly elements in mind, it will not hurt your rankings ever!

Registered
    I want to tell you that when websites are redesigned usually everyone is very focused on how it looks: the layout, the colors, the design-related images and so on. Changing these things usually doesn’t have a huge impact on search engine optimization. Search engines, being blind, don’t care much about what color your site is. They just read through the HTML and catalog the content.

The aspect of a website redesign that has a large impact on SEO is the site architecture. Site architecture deals with how many pages you have and how those pages are organized.

Changing the way your website looks shouldn’t have a big impact on your search rankings but changing the number and organization of pages can have a a big impact on your search rankings.

Registered
    Redesigning a website can affect its SEO rankings. To minimize the damage, try to keep the URL structure exactly as it is now. Redirect what you can't keep.

Don't edit the content if it's possible to keep it as it is. Pay attention to the title, description and H1 tags - don't change them.

Registered
    you should redesign your website for better ranking but you need to attention to publish quality content at website.
    Best Android Training | Devops Training | SQL Server Training and many more IT courses.

Registered
    For sure it will lower or decrease your website traffic if you redesign your traffic but it will increase your traffic in future because keep update to date is compulsory in search engine optimization and web design field.

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by sulbha View Post
    If you are going to change the design of a website it will not affect your SEO so long as you keep your URL structure the same. So if your URLS are www.mysite.com/mycategory/my-page then you want to make sure that you use the same URL when implementing the new site. It is the URLS and the page content that have gained Google trust and authority over the years and not the design itself.

If you are changing the type of code your site uses (aspx to php) and just cannot keep the URL structure then you will need to make sure that you 301 redirect every single page to its matching page on the new site. (Eg www.mysite.com/mycategory/my-page.aspx will need to 301 redirect to www.mysite.com/mycategory/my-matching-page). Unfortunately, when you change the URL structure there is always some loss of page authority even when you have a 301 redirect in place. As for linkbuilding, make sure that all target pages that have incoming links 301 redirect to the new URL, then notify the site linking to you that your URL has changed.
    URL structure does matters and yes we should redirect then when URL structure changes or programming changes.

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by evejones View Post
    Website redesigning is always done with an intention to improve user experience and hence if you have kept SEO-friendly elements in mind, it will not hurt your rankings ever!
    I observed a little difference in ranking when we change it's design or makeover, and it will not hurt most popular websites which will have huge visitor database.

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by sireesha22 View Post
    For sure it will lower or decrease your website traffic if you redesign your traffic but it will increase your traffic in future because keep update to date is compulsory in search engine optimization and web design field.
    I agree your observation but one should keep an alternative before going for revamping their website, if not they should Experience great loss.