Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AWS predictions

AWS predictions

I thought I would start a thread on the future of AWS. I really think it has less than 1 year before it's dead. I'm sure Yahoo will ban it (as they already ban affiliate sites) if they haven't already. AWS's future is completely reliant on Google.

Google hasn't banned affiliate sites, and I dont think they ever will. They will just continue to ban whats spam, and reward whats unique. Google will continue to tweak their algos to bring down the importance of low-quality doorway style affiliate sites.

However,when it comes to AWS affiliate sites... what will Google do? Will they ban AWS sites due to them being duplicate content from Amazon. Will they allow their datacenters to continue to fill with millions of pages of duplicate amazon content and allow those with the most pagerank to prevail?
    Kyle

I'm not sure, it doesn't really bother me what happens, as I haven't made a tremendous amount of income from them. All together I've made about $200 off my MP3 player site, so it's all not really worth it for me.

I'm not really sure how google can ban AWS sites. How are they going to identify duplicate content? The only thing they can do is not allow anymore AWS sites to enter the market by eliminating those sites with similar content with those that are already in the index.
    Don't you just love free internet games ?

I think a ban's unlikely. They're more likely to be penalized. I think AWS is unlikely to die. It's just going to be harder to generate similar levels of revenue.

I don't think anyone expected them to be a long term thing really as most are just the same old thing.

There are however those sites that use it, but go the extra distance to make it something unique, something people will go back to even though they know they are still buying from Amazon.
    New website released. ya rly!

Junior Registered

I think that AWS has a Bright Future

AWS has a Bright Future. Amazon is very Rich and Powerful. They don't do a thing without being very sure of Success.

The AWS Team is very Bright and Kind. Great Scientists with a Heart. ... They are a Big Asset for Amazon.

There is a Big Problem with the lack of Easy Examples of AWS 4.0 ... Particularly for those like me that are in XLT. I am not a good programmer and I don't have time to reinvent everything ... I need examples to get me started.

I have many Commercial Websites and Yahoo is giving me a better treatment than Google. Google has decided to erase all my Sites of year 2004 and many pages of Year 2003. Most Home Pages have been left. They have resurrected 4 of my commercial sites at random. My Original Content Websites were deleted from Google. No resurrection.

The erratic behaviour of Google is endangering my permanence in the Amazon Associate Business. My earnings are very low. I am not the only one that complains even if most people have not been beaten by Google's stick like me.

Vicente
    Last edited by Vicente Duque; 08-28-2004 at 01:23 PM.

Interesting post... kind of confusing. You didn't actually say why AWS has a great future except that they have a skilled team?

Since AWS relies heavily on your search engine rankings, and since more AWS sites are popping up everyday, how will you explain search engines handling this unoriginal duplicate content everywhere?
    Kyle

Junior Registered

AWS 4.0 is the Meteorite to kill Dinosaur Search Engines

Quote Originally Posted by icebane
    Since AWS relies heavily on your search engine rankings, and since more AWS sites are popping up everyday, how will you explain search engines handling this unoriginal duplicate content everywhere?
    I agree with you that there is a Big Problem of Search Engines managing the Big Duplication that AWS produces ( thousands of times )

And there is a Big Problem managing the Dirty Tricks of Spam like automatically generated pages. Many people say that they have 50k or 100k pages indexed in Google for a single one of their many websites. They are not intelligent pages but automatically generated pages or dynamic pages.

For me the Worst Deterioration is ocurring in Google.

I accept that I am very selfish because Google is causing me Great Trouble and this can be a Revenge. I might be breathing through the wound.

But my personal experience in searches is that Google is in fast deterioration. Spammers in and Original Content Out. That is what happens to me, my original content sites excluded by Google. And spammers with the same keywords are as abondant as grains of sand in the Sahara.

The problem doesn't belong to Amazon but to Google. The soccer ball is in Google's Feet. Amazon has a lot to loose if Google erases all Amazonian Honeybees like me.

When I was erased ( 70% of my pages ) Amazon didn't gain. Many of those pages where original content without products, ads, copies, spam, etc ...

If a Big Erasure of Associates is in preparation at Google then Amazon has nothing to gain and everything to lose.

And friend : AWS 4.0 is a wonder of beauties, of Great Technological Achievement even if I collapse in Business buried by Spammers. Even if Google and others are unable to manage the Automatically Generated Garbage Pages.

Perhaps there are small Mammals that will replace the Dinosaurs in Search Engine Planet. Is AWS 4.0 the Meteorite ???

Vicente Duque

Dinosaurs? Amazonian Honeybees? Nice imagery Hope we're not the dinosaurs!
    Elliot Lee
    Google Forums - Community for Google Fans!

Vincent,

I am disgusted with your response.

Your imagery is more irritating than anything. It seems you're trying to make your points sound truly profound. Not only are your opinions about Google simply opinions, they arent even supported by specific details or facts.

After taking part in many webmaster discussions, I've come to learn that your points mean nothing without specific details. Many webmasters have horror stories with their sites dropping from search engines. It's interesting how you went onto this topic when the original discussion was AWS.

I guess I have to take things slower, and simpler.

How can AWS succeed without search engines?
    Can some other method of promoting AWS compare to promoting through search engines?
    Last edited by Kyle; 08-28-2004 at 11:05 PM.
    Kyle

Also, in response to chromates old post above. He's right, it won't ever DIE.. it just won't be anywhere near as profitable as it is right now for webmasters.
    Last edited by Kyle; 08-29-2004 at 11:46 AM.
    Kyle

Not that blue at all Blue Cat Buxton's Avatar
    assuming that aws represents significant income for amazon they will look to develop aws to use the content elements in more innovative ways. successful aws sites [those that continue to rank well] will not look like aws sites of today

Thanks for your intelligent response Blue Cat. Good post.
    Kyle

Junior Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by icebane
    I am disgusted with your response.
    FYI: I am disgusted with your response. Ease up icebaby.

Ok ok ok.
    Kyle

Junior Registered

In Execution Row waiting for the Death Penalty ???

A friend of mine suggested this piece of advice in a private conversation :

Those that are not using Mod Rewrite or any other Trick, Hack or Script for Automatic Pages Generation will perish.

Only economic ruin awaits to those that don't generate pages by the millions and by automated means.

So AWS 4.0 is not going to perish. It is the Amazon Associates that refuse to generate Automatic Pages by the Thousands who will be deleted.

Amazon has a bright economic future, but perhaps with fewer Associates that sell Big Humongeous Quantities and Produce Terabillions of Pages in Super Big Servers.

How do you like it ??? ...... Is that Beautiful ???

Vicente