Thread: Tracking and Banners Newbie Q's

Junior Registered

Tracking and Banners Newbie Q's

Hello, I am in the process of creating a trading (forex) site, and I would like to get some options on what you use for tracking. I am hoping to have a cummunity driven site using Mambo CMS (Content Managemenst Software) with a Vbulletin forum.

What are some of the software/scripts are you using for your site to do the following.

Banner Tracking - I have thought (and installed to play with) of Adserver. Any others that you would like of and if so, why over Adserver. I would like to be able to have Advertisers be able to view 'their' banner progress and also be able to see site stats for possbile new advertisers.

Link Tracking - I really haven't looked into any yet

Web Stats - I really haven't looked into any yet

I am totally new to website production and promotion, but I would like to shorten the learning curve.

PS... I have a targeted audience, how can I find people to advertise on my site with out having to go to each and every person I 'think' might want to advertise on my site... An advertising agency (with url too pls)

Well that should be a start, I don't have the site up yet but would like to have it at least ready for the time when it would be high enough traffic to get paid advertising.

Take care and thanks to all the reply.

I use AXS for web stats. http://www.xav.com/scripts/axs/

Ad networks I recommend are TribalFusion.com, Fastclick.com, Burstmedia.com, and google.com/adsense

With a niche like you describe adsense is likely your best bet. If you use it you won't need to worry about getting advertisers or ad software or any of that.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

Junior Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    I use AXS for web stats. http://www.xav.com/scripts/axs/

With a niche like you describe adsense is likely your best bet. If you use it you won't need to worry about getting advertisers or ad software or any of that.
    Thanks for the reply Chris, BUT if you were to use banner/button ads, would you use AdServer, or is there a better one.

I do have a niche area, and only want items that would benefit forex traders and not stock, options or commodity traders,(though there are some items but not all) that is why I would like to find an agency what 'might' be able to handle this, or would it be better to contact them on my own. But I wonder if I might not think of one, where as an agency has done this more times then I, and would have a better match.

Firstly to get good individual representation like you describe you need alot of traffic. In other words, its not an issue you need to worry about pre-launch.

I would use one of the various free PHP scripts for ad management.

Still, I strongly recommend Adsense for sites like yours.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

Registered
    Adsense has been really nice for me because it takes no effort on my part. The ads have been nicely targeted and my visitors seem to like them It leaves me more time to concentrate on adding content.

Junior Registered
    Thanks for the reply guys... I have bookmarked those site Chris. I would like to use AdServer (www.phpadsnew.com but will look at others so post them). Would I be able to use it with TribalFusion.com, Fastclick.com, Burstmedia.com, and google.com/adsense, or would one of them on allow it

Thanks once again
    Coll