Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 10-20 Million Hits

The value of traffic is whats important. Of course, when we're talking about 300,000 unique visits a day, thats always valuable. I only receive 6000 to 8000 unique visitors a day, but its very valuable.
    Kyle

icebane, how many sites do you have?

A few, but only the one in my signature matters as it is my official business.
    Kyle

Yes, as Icebane says the value of traffic is most important. Take for example if you had a loan site or something. 1,000 uniques a day could make you more than 30,000 could on a different type of site because of the high rate on adsense.
    Don't you just love free internet games ?

I get approx. 1.2million page views per day on one of my sites.

However the page views per visitor is high.
    New website released. ya rly!

Incka owns addicating-games.net not the other site.

AndyH... how much bandwidth does that take up?

Bandwidth and earnings are both variable. Alot of graphics or downloads = more bandwidth.

Game sites, hot or not sites, general entertainment sites, joke sites, these all have low earning potential but high traffic potential.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

I have to disagree I tend to thing that entertainment sites have the most potential do to the large amount of traffic, though it may be hard at first if you have a shared host, but once you enough money to afford a dedicated host, It becomes 1000x easier.

Quote Originally Posted by thepoorman
    AndyH... how much bandwidth does that take up?
    ~12GB/day

I can't give exact figures as AwStats fails to update after 4 days because the log is too big to process and I get slack with clearing the log files.

Quote Originally Posted by thebillionaire
    I have to disagree I tend to thing that entertainment sites have the most potential do to the large amount of traffic, though it may be hard at first if you have a shared host, but once you enough money to afford a dedicated host, It becomes 1000x easier.
    Entertainment sites and gaming sites earn less as visitors are not looking to purchase something, which mostly rules out affiliate marketing. Obviously there are some instances where a visitor would be willing to purchase something, such as after reading a game review or viewing a game trailer they may want to buy the game. But another major factor against these sites are that alot of their visitors do not have a CC or a means to purchase anything.

So that means if only a small % of your visitors will purchase something, then the only way to make some decent money is via advertisements on a CPM or CPC rate. But most of the time each visitor will consume alot more bandwidth then they are earing for the website by viewing the advertisements.
    Last edited by AndyH; 10-13-2004 at 10:28 PM.

how much do you guys pay for bandwith? when i get a dedicated server it's going to be something like $150 a month for as much as 1000 gigs per month, which i'm nowhere even close to using now

Andy, is Hellbored your big site? Where does most of your traffic come from, because it's only a PR3?
    Don't you just love free internet games ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    Andy, is Hellbored your big site? Where does most of your traffic come from, because it's only a PR3?
    I would guess AndyH is referring to his game HoboWars and the hundreds of impressions a given player might generate in one sitting.
    Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by eMEraLdwPn
    how much do you guys pay for bandwith? when i get a dedicated server it's going to be something like $150 a month for as much as 1000 gigs per month, which i'm nowhere even close to using now
    I have 5 servers, each with 1,000+ GB bandwidth each. Bandwidth is not the bottleneck for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    Nope, HellBored I am going to be slowly working on over the next 6 months to make into a hopefully successful lots-of-things-in-one portal, currently it makes no money and doesn't get much traffic (120 unique/day).

I have been so side tracked with things lately, I really need to get my act together and find some people to pay to get movie trailers, game trailers and demos, write game reviews, previews etc. All in good time .
    Last edited by AndyH; 10-14-2004 at 12:05 AM.

that is awesome... 5 servers! 1000+ GB Bandwidth a month... Are they all mirrors of each other or are they different servers for each site? Do you host the site on your own or have it hosted