Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tips for a better search engine ranking.

Registered
    Thanks Chris I'll be using those tips into my site structure and regular promotions.

Junior Registered
    Great tips. Search engine ranking is a very important issue for webmasters. These tips will definitely help webmasters.

Laboratory Equipment Directory | Arcus Dubai Property Broker | 5th Market – Stock & Bonds Directory | Sports Wholesalers & Suppliers Directory

Junior Registered

I love it.

Hi Chris. Thanks for the post I loved it, really great info.
    Oh and by the way...
    Thanks for the tip. I didn't know you could put in link: adomain.com on google to my competitors links.

18minutewebsite.com

In order to get a good rank in search engine you should optimize your blog properly. But that is only one of the way to get good ranking. You should furthermore do other things to confirm that your blog content get additional exposure.
    my website

Junior Registered
    Well, thanks for these healthy tips. I am also of the view that in order to get your site or blog ranked on top during searches, you must do proper SEO like article submission to directories and free blogs, bookmarking, blogging, selection of relevant keywords and lot more other related things. Best of luck to you all!

Nice!

Great Post.

Thanks
    ClarkM

Junior Registered
    Great post--this will help many get their own rankings. The important thing is that you are using both on page and off page SEO to get your site ranked. These need to get go hand-in-hand in order to be effective.
    SEOArbiter.com Is A Leading SEO Company Providing SEO Services. Simply The Best SEO Company!

Junior Registered
    sweet man thanks for all the tips. hopefully these will help me get my site a higher ranking
    http://www.freeworkoutequipment.com/

Junior Registered
    sweet man thanks for all the tips. hopefully these will help me get my site a higher ranking

Junior Registered
    sweet man thanks for all the tips.

Junior Registered
    sweet man thanks

Registered
    I am learning SEO,Your views is very important for good search engine ranking. thanks ,very

belicosa
    Thankssss! try my blog belicosa.com.br

Junior Registered
    thanks for the tips

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    The tips presented in this post may not work or even be feasible for every site. However, if you want a better search engine ranking, you should implement as many tips as you can. To submit a new tip PM me.

1. Replace your graphical menu with a text one. [submitted by Chris]

If your site current has a graphical menu, get rid of it. Text based menus are far superior for search engine especially if you want to increase the rankings of the pages linked to from the menu. Because most of the incoming links for those pages will be from your menu and because the context of your incoming links is vitally important, changing your menu from graphical to text based will significantly help the rankings if your subpages. This is of course assuming that the menu links use keywords as their anchor text.

2. Add two instances of your keywords in your homepage, or whichever page you’re working on. [submitted by Chris]

Any site should be able to do this, and its pretty simple to do. No matter how many times you already repeat your keywords on your homepage, do it two more times. You might need to be creative, but if you follow the steps in this article you should be able to pull it off.

3. Get more incoming links. [submitted by Chris]

You can never spend too much time working on incoming links. You can search for your keywords on Google and check the backwards links of the #1 site and get all those people to link to you as well. You can search on Google for “submit URL” or “add site” or other variations and your keywords to find more places to submit your site. So spend an afternoon working on your incoming links.

4. Submit more articles to directories. [submitted by Chris]

Find categories on DMOZ, Yahoo, and Zeal where you could submit individual articles. Chances are that not every article you have is listed in every directory, so you can always work on directory submissions. Don't spam the directories, but if you find an appropriate category for one of your articles, submit it. Spend another afternoon doing this.

5. Make sure everything has an alt or title attribute. [submitted by Chris]

Scour your site and make sure every image has an alt attribute and every link has a title attribute. Do not stop until you have checked every nook and cranny of your site.

6. - Find ways for users to comment on your content. Allow users to comment helps you keep the article/page fresh. Also, user interaction allows you to perfect your article in time, add improvements and corrections. Search engines like fresh content. [submitted by Kyle]

7. - Learning CSS can have an influence on your rankings. View the source code of a site created in tables. Notice how much extra HTML code is needed to accomplish content formation. Then look at a simple CSS site's code. Minimizing your source code is always a good start. [submitted by Kyle]

8. - Content placement. Try and keep your content and heading for the given page as close to the top of your source code as possible. Put your navigation code AFTER your content. In CSS you could move your navigation to the left, top, bottom, or right of your content while still keeping the actual code BELOW the content. [submitted by Kyle]
    Why does it generate a better search engine ranking? This is because it caters a better experience for the users of the search engines.

1. Replace your graphical menu with a text one
    >Having a menu with text on it instead of image enables engine to translate it in case it isn't in English (like what Google Translate is doing). Also, for those who are visually impaired, Search Engines can read the menu for their better experience.

2. Add two instances of your keywords in your homepage, or whichever page you’re working on.
    >Avoid repetitive keywords this 2013, coz you may just be found by Search Engines to be dumping too much keywords on your page, thus a change to be penalized. Just work on having a keyword that will best describe your page, and that you know have the highest probability to have your page found.

3. Get more incoming links.
    >Never better. You need to build your links, because you will have better authority in Search Engine's perspective by having STRONG links.

4. Submit more articles to directories.
    >Submit on Authority Directories. And make sure your content is unique, helpful, and informative. Make sure that your content is what your user will have the highest possibility of being read, liked, and shared.

5. Make sure everything has an alt or title attribute.
    >Again, helpful for all users; both the visually impaired or those aren't.

6. - Find ways for users to comment on your content.
    >Know that by having comments, this will label your content to be interesting. And also, it can open door for a better niche community.

7. - Learning CSS can have an influence on your rankings.
    >Have clean code, and avoid those which will cause your site to be penalized by all search engines.

8. - Content placement.
    >I suppose this is connected with the seventh...

All in all, to please search engines, learn to please your users.
    Witness how bright ideas transform into your website needs. Contact us now!
    Web Development and Design