Thread: URL Redirection

URL Redirection

Can you get away with redirecting a domain to an affiliate? Say if I had a domain, and was eventually going to build a site around a section on Amazon. But until I got it built, I just redirected the domain to that section, with my affiliate link of course, would Amazon kill my account for that?

Or should I just build some quicky temporary page that in turn links to the Amazon section(s)?
    Shawn Kerr .com

Many people do that, do you actually get type-in traffic?
    If you had a domain like... watches.com, and pointed it to some affiliate site, you might be able to make a good salary just on affiliate sales.

This is usually allowed by all affiliates.
    Kyle

Well I've had the domain for a couple of weeks or more so I'm really unsure how much traffic it's had. It's the same domain that led to my aplus.net post in the Web Hosting & Servers forum. I just now started running stats on the index page last night and I've had a few hits so far, plus Google's been to it previously (limited index in Google) and it's been back since last night. So I'd like to make use of any traffic I get until the site gets done.

Would Google actually index that Amazon page allowing me to benefit from that page's content? I think that'd be better than any page of temp. content I came up with.
    Shawn Kerr .com