Thread: Need the quickest route...

Registered

Need the quickest route...

Folks, I'm attempting an online local E-Zine and I need the quickest and cheepest way to begin generating revenue to cover costs. I have a domain, but don't have hosting yet. What would be the quickest way to get everything up and running quickly with very little out-of-pocket?

You need hosting. Its $10 or less a month.

Then the easiest thing to do would be to join an ad network. But most require atleast a small amount of traffic first.

Fastclick is generally easy to get into and can provide popup revenue (use our link to sign up).

Google Adsense is a good provider for banners.

In both cases you'll get paid around 25 days after the month ends. So even if you had enough traffic to make something now, you wouldn't get a check until near the end of Sept.

As far as traffic goes. I usually recommend people wait until they get atleast 30k monthly impressions, sometimes 100k. Generally that takes a couple months.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

Registered
    nn.advertising.com has some nice newsletter ads. I've found though that their rates deterioate over time.

Once you get the Domain and hosting up, submit it to some directies and put it into your signature...

I like registerfly.com, they have dynamic DNS, so pointing domains are instant.

Trench Warfare
    http://www.google.com/adsense may work since it could have ads for hotels/events etc. in your area.

However, they pay NET30 and require a $100 balance to get a cheque.

Also try selling text/banner ads to local merchants. Although, first you need traffic...
    ________
    M114 engine
    Last edited by ozgression; 02-06-2011 at 04:53 AM.

Foolish local companies pay loads for small ads on local websites. Especially estate agents.