Thread: Form in Publsiher 2003

Junior Registered

Form in Publsiher 2003

I setup a form in Publisher 2003 that is on the web site and everything works with the exception of the submit button an error come up when you submit. Can anybody help? What am I missing? It is at www.virtualadminonline.com on the contact page. Let me know what you think of the web site to first time doing. Mostly for my wife.

Thank you,
    Jeff

Registered
    What is the error message?

Junior Registered
    The page cannot be found
    The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.
    If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted.
    Click the Back button to try another link.
    HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
    Internet Information Services (IIS)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 404.
    Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled Web Site Setup, Common Administrative Tasks, and About Custom Error Messages.

<form action=--WEBBOT-SELF-- method=post>

i'd say that's the problem

Junior Registered
    Is that code I should add or what does that mean? sorry I am very new to this.

action should lead to another webpage.
    Don't you just love free internet games ?

Junior Registered
    hi jazzy, what you need to do is open your index page in publisher, and right click the mouse on your submit button,select hyperlink properties or if the button is part of a group of buttons select link bar properties, then modify link, now you will have the option to piont that link to various places, exsisting file etc etc select the place you want and click ok. then go to tools and select recalculate hyperlinks then file, save all, then file, publish to web.
    afterwards have a look at your site, when the page loads, press F5, this will give the page a hard refresh, ( otherwish you will be looking at a old page saved by your computer)

this should sort it out
    hope it helps