Thread: Overture Overload

Overture Overload

I finally got my Overture advertising account for my game site finalized a couple of hours ago (about 4:00pm Central) and put in an initial $50 on signup. I think my budget is going to expire here in a couple of hours on $0.15 bids.

I only have 2 keyword(s) running: game downloads & pc game. I originally put in pc games but they changed it to singular. I added games in the beginning but after running that keyword on Adwords for a while it just ran up too fast with lack of results. Removing that keyword has improved overall performance on Adwords.

I removed it from Overture as soon as my account was active. I went in and turned off Content Match just before this post, hopefully that will slow it down just a bit.
    Shawn Kerr .com

Why slow it down? You're still getting the same amount of clicks. If I were you, I would drop my bid amount if you don't want the traffic so fast.

If my ad is showing on 50 sites and drawing clicks, or showing on 15 sites and drawing clicks, how am I still getting the same amount of clicks? Turning of the content match did exactly what I wanted, now I'm getting a steady amount of traffic instead of a bumrush.
    Shawn Kerr .com

Tell us how it goes, do you plan to get that $50 back through the traffic you are getting?
    Don't you just love free internet games ?

Originally posted by mobilebadboy
    If my ad is showing on 50 sites and drawing clicks, or showing on 15 sites and drawing clicks, how am I still getting the same amount of clicks? Turning of the content match did exactly what I wanted, now I'm getting a steady amount of traffic instead of a bumrush.
    I mean the same amount of clicks per your bid price.

Originally posted by Mike
    do you plan to get that $50 back through the traffic you are getting?
    Nah, not really. I'm really just trying to drive traffic to the site. Down the road I may make it back but who knows. The games are being downloaded heavily, but the buys are close to non-existent.

But I take into consideration that some of the games have different trial limits, and may not be bought right away. I still play a couple of them in trial mode, and I've had them for months. Then there's some of the games that the trial ran out and I bought them right then and there.
    Shawn Kerr .com