Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Cheez

Good Cheez

Hello, my name is Cheez and I am the owner of http://www.goodcheez.com . I would like some feedback on my site because I want to know what you think. I am 14 years old and this is my first attempt at managing a website. My site has stick figure cartoons and will soon have full drawing animations. Plus it's based on cheez! How cool is that?!?!

Quite cool for a first site. Entertaining, but some of the text is hard to read.

How is the site planning to make money. You have chosen a topic no adnetwork, or for that matter, affiliate program would like to advertise on. Your site has a flash intro. Not having flash intros is the first rule of SEO. Your site uses IFRAMES, another bad thing for SEO. You also neglet to have alt tags.

Overall the worse site I've ever reviewed.

You might want to read the articles in the site and also for design read http://www.webpagesthatsuck.com/ - I think he might want to put yours in the gallery of suckers...

Incka, that's way too harsh. Not everyone's out to make money

Hey cheezisgoooood, for being your first site it certainly has a unique flavor, and you have good potential using Flash.

I agree with chromate, try to make the Flash title on your main page easier to read. Otherwise, keep building, read a few articles here, and have fun.

Originally posted by incka:
    Overall the worse site I've ever reviewed.
    Please excuse the haughtiness of the "Managing Director". Although he has contributed, at the time of this writting, 17% of this forum's total posts, it's important to remember that he does not run or moderate the board. And yes he has a talent with his websites which has probably gotten to his head,... this bedevilish young lad still has much to learn.

Sorry, but we give EVERYTHING good reviews, I have to give something a bad review for once...

Chronic Entrepreneur
    Ha! Incka, just wait until I post some more of mine. Then you'll get your chance!

Cheezisgoooood, I like it. I don't think you meant to optomize it for search engines or make money with it. You just meant to make a cool and unique website, and you did.

Don't be harsh on yourself, I like your sites.

If you want a personal site reviewed as a personal site post in on sitepoint. Website Publisher is aimed at people who want to make money from their websites.

It may be aimed at people that are building a business out of publishing, but that's not at the exclusion of those that aren't.

Originally posted by incka

If you want a personal site reviewed as a personal site post in on sitepoint. Website Publisher is aimed at people who want to make money from their websites.
    Where's it say that?

By the way, the only thing I'd say about that site is that when I click enter, it crashes IE.
    Last edited by Mike; 04-09-2004 at 10:25 AM.
    Don't you just love free internet games ?

very harsh review Incka. I don't want to make money did you not read that I am 14 and this is my first site?! Of course I don't use alt tags! Of course I have an intro! I don't know any better! I'm a n00b! At least point out my mistakes in a nice way because I am just a n00b and I don't know any better. Well anyway thx for the feedback everyone. I'll work on the site more so that it's more user friendly and the text is easier to read. You have no idea how many complaining there has been about the text. People use to complain about the cheez background...I'm surprised that now that I've brought the cheez background back onto the site everybody loves it.

Incka's 14 as well just for the info cheezi Still a bit harsh tho
    Don't you just love free internet games ?

Mike's 14 too.

Try making a site to make money. Read this site and get some tips. Nothing is more enjoyable than making money off your sites, well maybe a few things, but...

Originally posted by incka
    Mike's 14 too.

Try making a site to make money. Read this site and get some tips. Nothing is more enjoyable than making money off your sites, well maybe a few things, but...

what's enjoyable?

making 63 sites a week?

I suppose if they all made $1000 a day that would be very enjoyable, especially after a few years when you can stop making them and make millions a day...