Thread: Amazon Store Builder Script

Junior Registered

Amazon Store Builder Script

Hi,

New here...I hang out a bit at sitepoint and follow Chris around for his search engine wisdom

Anyway...I run a site that sells custom graphic designs. I have been beaten to death in the search engine wars but am just about hanging in there.

I have 2 new initiatives.

1. PHPBB pre-sales forum. Search engine friendly hack using mod rewrite and some session code.

This seems to be going nice as I have added about 70 pages to google in the last month. Nice...keyword loaded pages and traffic is now arriving from there.

My other initiative is a Amazon site that lists graphic design stuff...books and software etc. I am after the keyword rich reviews

Anyway...I took the plunge after doing very little research (I know...I had had a few that night) anyway..I now have Amazon Store Builder which does use Mod Rewrite.

The problem I have is that I just want to link to the juicy searches nothing else. The problem is that the search creates a massive php search string that I know google is not happy with. I want to turn this search string and the resulting pages into a friendly url for google.

All the pages in the search are already friendly. It is just the search string itself that sucks.

Any advice? Help?

Am I even doing the right thing. I reckon if I do it correct I can add maybe 2-3000 pages to my site with some great keywords. Will this put me in better standing in the search results?

Anyway...thanks for listening.

Simon

Welcome Simon!

I really have no idea how Amazon Store Builder works. There are some articles on this site about making your URLs search engine friendly. They will probably help.

Junior Registered
    Thanks for the welcome.

When it comes to understanding how these things are constructed my head gets a bit sore

I think my problem is the search string. Not being an expert at this I really just want to hear...yes...Mod rewrite is for you. Or...yes...PHP is for you. You know..kind of a bit of guidance. Chances are I will pay someone to do this anyway....just really looking for inspiration.

Simon

scriptlance.com ... you can contact someone for work... from that domain..

Junior Registered
    Thanks for your help guys. I got some mod rewrite help over at SP and I have the software developers writing a module for me to make all the links friendly. The source code is closed so I really had to go to the script writers.

Thanks again. This looks like a great forum

Simon