Thread: New Website

Junior Registered

New Website

Hello,

My name is Julia, with not experience in website and i need Help!.

I bought a domain in godaddy.com, i have to buy something to active the website, and they are selling all this stuff like: ECONOMY 5-page Web site or DELUXE 10-page Web site, Quick Blogcast Economy, which one should buy, do i have to?? Should I buy a host? Do I need one?
    Please explain me like if I am 11 years old.
    Thanks,

Julia

Don't buy any of that junk.

A domain name is an address, but you still need a "building" and that is your host, where you rent service space.

Your hosting requirements will depend on your needs for your site, what you plan to do with it.

If you plan to blog, you might try one of these:

http://wordpress.org/hosting/
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

Now you have your domain name you need to secure web hosting. Recommend to all my customers to buy their hosting from a different company than their domain registration company (in your case someone other than GoDaddy).

What did you buy the domain name for? An ecommerce site? A general website or a blog?

A database driven site or a blog will require database. If you are going to have a databased site and a blog, you will need to be able to have 2 databases. This shouldn't be a problem unless you go really cheap with your hosting account.

Once you get your hosting setup they will give you what is called DNS (Domain Name Server) information. You go back to your registrar account (GoDaddy in this case) and enter that information in the DNS information boxes. It will take 24-48 hours (stock answer) to get all the DNS servers to update. If you upload a home page to your web hosting account then you will see when this is complete.

We really need to know what you plan to do with the site to help you further.
    HTML Basic Tutor - HTML basics for business owners, blog owners and those new to web design.

Web Design eBooks - Web Design eBooks for Beginners