Thread: 1500 pages PR6 website for sale

Junior Registered

Wink 1500 pages PR6 website for sale

www.bioproject.info is for sale..
    1. Where the site is being hosted?
    - valuehost.com, just another one ordinary hosting service
    - you can easily ZIP / UNZIP / transfer the website.

- I pay ~10$/mo for my hosting service with 300 megs space and unlimited bandwidth. The bandwidth is... hm a few Gb/mo, maybe 4Gb/mo

2. How much is the traffic per month? Any advertising? How is the traffic generated?
    - The website goal (since the time it was first imagined and created) is cheap search engines traffic. The pages are generally optimized for search engines performance. Maybe you should review the source code.

At this moment: the website traffic is 45 113 visitors last 30 days.
    ~225 565 pageviews last 30 days. That is basically free search engines traffic.

I'am using Google AdSence ads on the website.
    Google ads performance is about 0,9$ CPM
    I guess if to replace Google AdSence defaults with FastClick or
    BurstMedia or ... ads + to add session based popunders (FastClick
    popunders are good) the overall CPM must be 1,5-2,0$. This will not produce exsessive advertising.

So, at this moment, the website value is 600-700$/mo in revenue if sold though run-of-network advertising.

4. Is it easy to change the contenet of the site? e.g. layout, template? Any php, sql etc.?
    - The website is about 1500 static HTML pages, there are no server-based scripting technologies implemented. There is a soft of TXT database file. Website pages are generated on your local computer bulk using an HTML pattern with special command tags inside with my Deplhi handmade tool.
    Minus: it is just 'simple'.
    Plus: pages source is clear, easy to setup, understand and deploy the website. Textual special formatted database is easy to convert to any other format you need. I will do it upon your request if the website is sold.

Additional information:
    Raw server logs, access to web based stats can be provided upon request, if interested in further discussion.
    I would like to sell the website for its current 1 year revenue level which is 8400$ (I can lower the pricw on 400$ if you pay for the money transfer and escrow service) I'm interested in getting a one-time revenue selling the website with the database "as is".

You can, in fact, cover your investment in a twice shorter period if you plan to continue with website promotion, search engines optimization, further development or whatever.

mail to: webmaster@bioproject.info

Hmm.. interesting site. There's no way you're going to get $8400 for it though!

You're getting on average 45,000 uniques / 225k pageviews a month. I don't see how you then get to the figure of $600-$700/mo. ??

Yeah, Chris' literature site get about half that a day and he only earns a couple of thousand a month...

Before you buy you may want to read this and do your own research.

I had an idea that he would be trying to flog it on a load of forums.
    Don't you just love free internet games ?

Registered
    the site is terrible anyways

And just read the whole of that geekvillage thread...ouch if anyone has bought this site.
    Don't you just love free internet games ?

It looks like buyer beware

lol, I never buy anything from someone who cannot present themselves as a worthy business... the spelling mistakes were outrageous in the message. It looks sketch just looking at the advertisement and then the site is trash. It does stink for anyone that purchased this site. I would not spend 10 cents on this site.
    Last edited by thepoorman; 10-16-2004 at 01:43 PM.

Wow - lucky someone found out that it was all stolen. I disagree about the spelling issue tough poor man. Not being a native speaker of English myself, I tend to be more tolerant in that respect

However, I am not tolerant towards people stealing content and then pretending it's their own.

Anat, I can't believe you make less than $1000 a month...

My grammar is indeed suspect sometimes, but not when I am making a sale or a transaction. When doing business I go suit and tie and use the queen's english. Simple business practice. Presentation is key to closing the deal.
    Last edited by thepoorman; 10-29-2004 at 02:39 PM.

I'm the oogie boogie man! James's Avatar
    Do you say "we" in place as "I" like the queen does, ThePoorMan?

And while presentation is key to closing, it's also very nice if you can get the job done to specifications. These don't always require you to be guwd at and spelin grammer.

I thought 'the queens english' was just a phrase for saying 'proper english'. That's at least what it means in the United States.