Thread: *Buying traffic* Profiable or waste of money

Junior Registered

*Buying traffic* Profiable or waste of money

I see alot of website sites "selling" traffic for various amounts of money. Does that acctually work? has anyone bought thousands of hits and actually made converstions?
    Low monthly cost Multi-Functional website marketing suite.
    http://www.newplantoretire.com

waste of money
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

it waste of money if you looking it at digitalpoint or other traffic provider who just made their traffic company and lies their business on expired domain traffic.for me , buying traffic means good using pay per view advertising I am using direct ppv and for my personal use marketing it works

Registered
    I've purchased 10,000 unique visits recently on Ebay for $15. It was an experiment. I got the visitors, no sales but my Alexa rank of a new website went from 5 mil to 2 mil after the first month. So from that perspective it was cheap traffic to that end.

Most of the traffic came from Japan and China. These types of companies use Pay Per View techniques where they have people sign up for a search bar and they get paid every time they view a website in the search bar for a few seconds.

About 30% of the traffic that came from this service did click through and spend some time on my site but no sales.

I guess the sales depends on the offer. If you know where the traffic is coming from then gear your offer to them.

It was worth the bucks for me to get that Alexa rank down. I'm not paying for it again on this site just to see what happens as an experiment but am doing it for another site we have geared more for the Asian market.

Andy,

I still think it will be a waste of money, even for the other site that will be for the Asian market. I believe the traffic on your experiment did not convert to sales for the simple reasons that you did not have any real visitors, not because most "visitors" were form Asia.

Junior Registered
    i think it is a waste of money as the conversion rate is very very low

If you look at it strictly from the Alexa improvement, $15 is cheap. However, if the visitors were not really interested in what you are selling, it seems to be a waste. If you get pre-screened visitors, that is a great deal.

I think it is a waste of money because, it isn't buyer traffic just random people and most likely won't purchase anything you are offering. Good thing I didn't waste my money on this blaster I seen a while ago
    ***||Newbie? Want to create your own website? [B]GET A FREE E-BOOK HERE
    http://www.first-website-now.com||***