Thread: Feedback on my site?

Feedback on my site?

Hi! I've been a member on site site for a long time, but just returned after a long break, since I haven't done anything relate to website website publishing in a long time..

Anyway, I have a website with what i think is a good domain, and I would like to try an make some money of it.. Anyone here got any tips for me, that being about the design, content or SEO - everything would be very appreciated

http://truemoneymaker.net

Registered
    I think it is a great concept.

What plugins are you using with Word Press there ?

Only 3 plugins at the moment.. I have an old version of WP (2.0.2) so not so many of the plugins found on wordpress.org that works..

I use Snap Preview AnywhereTM Plugin, Akismet (Anti-spam) and Ultimate Google Analytics for stats--

Your site looks neat, from what I've seen briefly.

It's a blog format, however. So, this being the case I wonder if it is better to be on blogger, than running a blog by yourself. For example, if you're on blogger and if you're consistent with your posts you will eventually get picked up by the blogger folks and get featured in the "blogs of note" listing. I believe that it is just a mater of time to get listed there for anyone that is consistent with blog posts and does not do spam. So, when you end up there you get an immediate boost in traffic, which may result in new followers and being listed on other people's sites and blogs. That just happens by itself, with the same amount of effort as hosting your own blog.

Or perhaps I am missing something...?

Anyway, since your goal is to have an income form this site I think it's good to maximize on all fronts.

I would also suggest to change that header image. It is more appropriate for a travel site and says nothing about what your site is about.
    Last edited by Mr. Pink; 11-10-2009 at 08:43 AM. Reason: afterthoughts added...

Thanks for the answer.

I like wordpress, so I think I will stay with that..

But about the pic, it's the standard for the WordPress theme I'm using.. Do you have any ideas for a good pic I could use?

The pic should say it all... I mean, it should say what your site is all about. It takes a fraction of a second for a new visitor to process the pic, so the new visitor should know what your site is about in that faction of the first second, before even reading any text.

Now, what should it be...? Hm...

You don't want to come across as yet another get rich quick snake oil salesman, so you should not have a pic of some guy posing next to his Rolls Royce in front of a mansion (with 2 girls in bikinis at his sides). You need a pic that conveys honesty. Your site is an unbiased independent review that helps people weed out the good from all the bed stuff that is all over the internet, right?

To be honest, I don't have an inspiration off the top of my mind. I kind of have to look at stock photos to get an inspiration.

Also, how do you plan to generate an income from this site? Through ad networks? Other sources?

With regards to the pic...

...perhaps a piggy bank, or a goose standing next to a golden egg... I'm not saying these are perfect pics, but just the right direction.

Oh, I think I got it!!!

You know that famous statue of blindfolded "Lady Justice" (or whatever her name is) holding a scale. The statue that you see in any court room...

So, a closeup of her, blindfolded and holding the scale in plain view, forwards, towards the camera. On one side of the scale there is a piggy bank with a $100 sticking out of the slot and on the other side of the scale there is... here's where I got stuck.

But you get the idea, right?
    Last edited by Mr. Pink; 11-10-2009 at 08:16 PM. Reason: fixed typo

Thanks for the help.. I will think about that, but I'm not good at creating it myself, so I will have to look for pictures on Wikimedia Commons etc..

Registered
    The general overall look is good, concept is good it it really is honest. Think your credibility would be better if you had a page dedicated to scam programs, and there are many of them.