Thread: Steps to putting a website online

Junior Registered

Steps to putting a website online

I would like to know the basic steps to take to create a website. what program is easiest(and inexpensive to start) to get started to design the pages? do i have to buy hosting or can I host it on my PC? I just don't know what is involved. if i can see the steps I can find out if I can dedicate some time to making my own website.
    Thanks in advance for your input.
    Sean

Registered
    If cost is a consideration and time, I'd use Joomla which is Open Source. The templates are either free or if you want unique custom made you'll pay anything from $15 to $60. It's relatively easy to learn if you purchase a tutorial or join a Joomla club. Time consuming if you ferrit your way through the online forums.

I've converted my partner over to using Joomla since she has been married to Microsoft Front Page for over 8 years now. You also get the back end functionality of the database and newsletter server which is grand for beginners.

All up it could cost you nothing but your time learning, or if you choose to speed up the process and purchase a tutorial or pay for club membership to walk you through anything from $60-$299. Not bad for professional website without having to purchase your database separately.