Thread: book db access service

Junior Registered

book db access service

Hi,

I'm planning to create a book exchange site. It's basically allowing member to post books and exchange it with other members. A member has a collection of books on his 'bookshelves' and a 'wishlist' of books that he wishes to read. He can also write a review or discuss books. Pretty standard stuff for this type of sites.

Since it allows to search a book by its title, author, or ISBN (to give user the full book information), it needs access to massive book database to get this information. I think that Amazon's Product Advertising API service can do the job. Or maybe Google with its Book API service. If you guys think that either service is sufficient (or not) or know if there're others that might do the job, I really appreciate a comment.

Thank's in advace,
    motl3y

Amazon's service can work, and in fact I know has been used by sites like what you plan to code in the past for that express purpose.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

Junior Registered
    Hi Chris,

Thank's for your comment. I think I'll go with Amazon's now, in fact I've done the first step to sign up for the service, which is to send them the description of the type of business which'll be using the service, but I haven't heard anything back from them for over 5 weeks now. I think they want to make you sign up for the premium support

motl3y