Thread: Need Website Layout Opinions

Junior Registered

Need Website Layout Opinions

I have designed a website for my portfolio with the look of Flash but utlizing HTML. I have been getting a good response (i.e. page visits) but I have noticed the pages viewed per visit are rather small. Considering this is a portfolio site the more pages visited the better, I would think? So barring content likes, dislikes what I am asking is have I created a site that is too difficult to navigate? Are all the buttons easy to understand, use etc..... Any advice, critiques or comments are welcome(constructive please!) Thanks. Here is my site: www.markhonschke.com

Registered
    Alot of people (like me) bounce at the first sign of flash (even faux flash) unless there is some compelling need to go further.

Also, I think by being so stylized on your first page, you polarize your visitors to love it or hate it. That can be successful if the front page is representative. But, I think its also risky.

Emulating flash, there is alot of clicking to get to any text. Like the about page doesn't really serve a useful purpose. Also, clicking on the resume page, it doesn't display well in Safari.

The same thing on the portfolio pages. Click on 2D and the page you get is black. yawn.

If I do click on an image I like from the left nav, I'm forced to click on the info button to get more info.

Also, you're 01-12 elements aren't really very interesting. So to see 12 examples, I have to click 12 times? You could use thumbnails to give me more of a menu, so I can get to something I like without random clicking.

What's your call to action? What do you want people to do when they go to your site? That was unclear to me.