Thread: 10 sites or 100 sites - playing it small or trying to dominate?

Registered

10 sites or 100 sites - playing it small or trying to dominate?

Haven't worked with websites and seo in ages, but woke up one day with the urge to start it all over again. Now, first project is websites dealing with health, nutrition, dieting, training etc. You might think that this is a bad niche to start with because of the competition, but.. I'm from norway, and this time I'm only making local sites. This also makes the whole problem with dupliate content go away, because I can go translate articles from english to norwegian and use on the sites.

My question is really: Should I make 5-10 websites with good content, market them and get good SE placements, or should I make a 100 and try to dominate totally. The competition isn't that stiff, and I'm pretty certain it could be done.

Registered
    You could start with only one single website and then making that as a powerful online mega site and portal. There is no need creating tens of sites and working on all of them.

5-10 is certainly enough for 1 niche, and in fact, for 1 niche, I rarely go above 2 or 3.

You make 100 sites when you want to run sites about many topics, but for 1 topic, keep it on as few sites as possible, the growth will be more exponential and once established the site will be more sticky.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives