Thread: What is the best way to build a site with hundreds of pages?

Junior Registered

Red face What is the best way to build a site with hundreds of pages?

I have a site with over 400 pages which I built in html without the use of a template.
    Today, making the slightest change to all pages is obviously very time consuming.

I recently made a template using dreamweaver and started moving my pages to the template but I am having trouble with this (for some reason the template stopped linking to the css sheet even though the link appears).

I have spent hours trying to solve this problem but I am not even sure that this is the right way to go.
    Could someone please let me know if I should keep trying to get the template to work using dreamweaver or if there is a better way to do it?
    Is there maybe even a program that will automatically add my files to templates (all pages are identical or can be identical except a defined area).

If I am already redoing the whole site I would like to do it properly this time.

Thanks!
    Nicole

Quahog's Most Wanted Dan Schulz's Avatar
    Hi Nicole,

You're going to want to learn a little bit of PHP (assuming the server your site is hosted on supports it, of course - which it should given that most do by default). It's not hard; in fact, just about everything you need to know at this stage is in this post I wrote a few years ago: http://www.websitepublisher.net/foru...8896#post58896
    "Far away in cyberspace are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can envision their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead me."
    —Anonymous

Junior Registered
    Thanks!