Thread: Non english site and SERP

Junior Registered

Non english site and SERP

Hello,
    I have a few sites in the my national language.

I want to build a good backlinks but the problem cause Iam not sure
    If i can use also english sites (same niche) to build backlinks with (anchor text) for better (SERP).

(GOAL)
    I would like to get better position on google (country tld). (not google.com)

Does anyone have any experience with this?Will this improve my search ranking?

Quahog's Most Wanted Dan Schulz's Avatar
    You can safely build an English and non-English version of your Web site since the search engines treat the content written in multiple languages as being unique (to that language). For example, I could take this post, rewrite it in German, Italian, Russian, and Japanese, and they'd all be able to rank (albeit not very well) in their respective language versions of each search engine.

You can do the same thing with your Web site(s) as long as the language-specific links are pointing to the language specific version of your Web site they were written in.

(In other words, the tips and techniques are the same, but for your language of choice rather than English. Just make sure you have your country specified in Google's Webmasters tools, are using the appropriate country-specific top level domain such as .co.uk or .com.au for example, and if you want to be extra-paranoid, have the server be located in the same country that the people who read the language your site will be written in. And then get links written in that language pointing to the same language version of your site.)

(Off-topic: wow, it's late, and I'm really tired. I'm sorry if I confused you or got anything wrong. Been running on fumes while watching a 2-year old the past couple weeks.)
    "Far away in cyberspace are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can envision their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead me."
    —Anonymous

Junior Registered

Thanks for the answer, but I need to explain in more details.

Here are a 4 countries with almost identical language (there are just differents in a few words), and every country has own google search engine.

If i search for same "search term" on Google (from that 4 countries) I get
    a litlle different results but on all Iam on the first page of results.
    I would like to beat the competition on 1 page.

At the moment All my backlinks are from these 4 different countries (sites).

I have the question regarrding link building:

Will the english sites with the good reputation (PR5-6) and with target (anchor text in my language) help in the SERP of these 4 countries? Or will this be non-natural to Google (because of language)?

Thanks.

Quahog's Most Wanted Dan Schulz's Avatar
    Wow. Good question. My guess is that the country-specific version would likely be given the preference and the others "filtered out", but I'm not 100% sure about that.

Perhaps Chris would know?
    "Far away in cyberspace are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can envision their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead me."
    —Anonymous

Registered
    One important point when it comes to building links for local communities and country specific Google results is having links from those countries IP addresses.

For example, for having top ranking in Google.co.uk, having uk links and powered by local hosts can have better effects than the .net or .org links.

Junior Registered
    I know that links from websites in other languages will help but not as much as links from websites in the same language.