Thread: Smooth exit for real estate brokers

Junior Registered

Smooth exit for real estate brokers

I am a licensed real estate agent. I procured the license sometime back. However, after entering the real estate trade, meeting the people, and learning the trends and tricks of the trade, I realized that I am not cut out for the trade. But I do not wish to give up my license. Is there some way by which I can keep earning something from the real estate business without being an active agent?

If you have authority in the field, there are options. But with my options it requires some knowledge of editing code, running a website, etc. So unless you want to hire someone, you would need to learn the craft of yet another new area.

You could start a blog about real estate and post your knowledge on different topics that may come up in buying a home. Run Google Adsense on it. Can use Wordpress for the blog (easy setup, but requires hosting with certain criteria).

OR

Build a site from eBay's real estate listings using their APIs. Add articles (similiar to the blog postings) about home buying. Could also tie in to Zillow's APIs and combine their info with the real estate listings + the articles. This is a very advanced option, but an option. One I even thought of at one time. Just don't have the knowledge of the field.

OR

Do both or more. Listings (local or nationwide) + blog + articles + adsense + whatever. Would be good to start off locally so you know the market, and expand if it works out.

Blogging with Wordpress is easy (and setup is easy as long as you have hosting, which can come fairly cheap a month). Articles, if you have the knowledge and can write decently, should be easy. The other stuff is more avdanced and does require quite a bit of knowledge. There are sites where you can hire programmers, no guarantees in what you get though.

There are sites that tell how to add Adsense to Wordpress (just Google the basics, 'add Google Adsense to Wordpress', should return results).

Not being into real estate, this is my limited offerings (off the top of my head).
    Shawn Kerr .com

Not that blue at all Blue Cat Buxton's Avatar
    If it no longer interests you, or is something you want to progress why are you worried about giving up your licence?

If you are going to move on then move on.

Not being US based, I am not sure that you need a licence to run a real estate website unless you are brokering, which seems to be what you want to get away from.

Junior Registered
    Hello....

In most states, you can put your license into referral. This way you do not have to pay the monthly real estate dues to your broker, but you can refer clients to other agents for a fee (which is usually negotiable). Most active agents will pay a referral fee around 25 to 30 percent.

Check with your state laws...
    infomercialscams.com/defenses/john_alexander_real_estate