Thread: Question About the .ME domain extension.

Question About the .ME domain extension.

What is better,

blue-widgets.net

or

bluewidgets.me

I have never used a .me before and wondering if it is better than a .net with a hyphen between the words. .Me always seem to be available for everything so I'm wondering if it's any good.

4x4
    For me it's...

.com
    .net

.info & .org tie.

.me is way down there

For SEO purposes... doesn't matter.

Quahog's Most Wanted Dan Schulz's Avatar
    As far as the search engines are concerned, it doesn't make any difference what top level domain (.com .net .org .whatever) you use. However, they do use hyphens (or dashes, depending on whether you say ToMaTo or ToMAto) to distinguish keywords (see Experts Exchange for a good example - with the dash you have "Experts Exchange" but without it you could have either "Experts Exchange" or "Expert Sex Change").

Also from a human standpoint, people are far more familiar with the .net than the .me TLD; that being said however, if your content is far more relevant (and compelling), then it shouldn't matter which you use. If you want to play it safe, go with the .net - if you want to take what you may perceive as a calculated risk, then go with the .me
    "Far away in cyberspace are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can envision their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead me."
    —Anonymous