Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twitter

Not that blue at all Blue Cat Buxton's Avatar

Twitter

Does anyone use Twitter.

It seemed like a great way to waste an awful lot of time, but so many people seem to use it, I feel I need to understand what I am missing.

Twitter

I just setup an account and I'm still trying to make heads or tails of it. I would love to find a "Twitter Etiquette" book. ;-)

Quahog's Most Wanted Dan Schulz's Avatar
    I use it. You can find me @danschulz but be warned, I use it as a means of keeping in touch with other Web professionals and finding out what they're reading online (to help improve my own knowledge and to keep up with current events).
    "Far away in cyberspace are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can envision their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead me."
    —Anonymous

Registered
    I'm using it,and it is useful,could promotion your site,but how to do well,it is a question.
    ePathChina sale lots kind electronics gadgets from China.

I'm use also Twitter to promote and find a Trade Link Partner.

Registered
    Well, Twitter and other online profiles might not be called as waste of time if you know why and how they are to be used. Yes, they can be waste of time for the people who have this assumption that as soon as their pages are online, hundreds of clicks would be made on their links.

Registered
    It is a unique hybrid of social networking and instant messenging concepts, with the ability to instantly relay crucial information to the outside world. Is it useful for marketing? Very much so, although it should be just one tool in a full arsenal for your promotional tactics. Twitter is most useful if you use it to relay and receive information for specific tasks, rather than trying to do everything with it. For instance, some might start an SEO Twitter, others for music promotion, and some just to post a random thought now and then. You can also use the same Twitter account for all these things, but it might get a little convoluted that way, which is why I think it's better to make the theme of the twitters more focused, in terms of promotional needs.

To avoid a spamming issue in Twitter you should interact with your followers. Other factors your Follower must be greater than you Following to other Twitter, because it base to your reputation in the eye of other Twitter User. Followers > Following, many Twitter User following you. More Followers and More chances to get more traffic to your website.

If you want get more traffics from Twitter to your website. As I said last more followers are more chances to get more traffics. If you want to increase your follower then visit http://TwittGeek.com, this application makes you following 200 Twitter user and 30 to 50% of you following are become your followers. Another factor is the url of microblog in Twitter, if you want get more traffic use this tool >>>> http://bit.ly/ to click the url posted in microblog by your followers once he curious the posted link.

Junior Registered
    Before jumping into Twitter, I'd put together a complete marketing plan and work backward from there. For example, you can ramp up far more quickly with some traditional marketing methods such as Public Relations than you could by diving into Twitter head first.

In fact, I'd spend far more time getting an outstanding Facebook presence built up before spreading myself too thin doing both Facebook and Twitter. Look at http://www.facebook.com/tiffany (the official Tiffany & Co. presence). Very impressive -- and supports their brand the entire time.

Well, to be honest I never figured out why some people care to read blogs and tweets of other people's lives. I certainly don't have time to do that... or the interest.

But blogs and tweets are great for those who want to promote their own web sites.

For example, throughout the day, on any given day, you may have great ideas or experiences that are somehow related to whatever your web site(s) is(are) about, but there is simply no place on your web site to write down those thoughts. But we all know Google likes fresh written (and unique) content.

So, for example, you may have a we site about guitars and another web site about Halloween. So, you make a blog about guitars and another blog about Halloween. Then you do the same with twitter. So, now you have a total of 6 web sites, and the other 4 (the blogs and tweeters) cost you nothing.

So, for example, today you went to a bar and saw a band perform. You can just write a blog post about the guitar player, or about what kind of guitar was used, or strings... For each new blog post (that links to your web site) you also do a tweet (with a link to your blog post) that alerts people that there is a new blog post to read. Then every time you do an update on your site, you tweet and link to that update.

I wouldn't post a link every tome I do a blog post or tweet. Sometimes it's good to just post interesting articles and not link to yourself. But basically what it all boils down to is you making very little effort to create content of the web that link back to your site(s). And those are articles that you may not be able to put anywhere in your site(s) because there may simply be no place for then there.

I think blogging and tweeting will basically do two things: bring organic traffic to your site(s) and be picked up by Google. How can that hurt? And it costs you nothing.

I use Twitter for promoting my local site quickly and its very targeted. I use almost the same technique for facebook.

Speaking of Twitter... Any sound techniques to get followers, without following others and without hiring companies to do it for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    Speaking of Twitter... Any sound techniques to get followers, without following others and without hiring companies to do it for you?
    Ya become really famous.

Twitter seems to work best when you are a truly active tweep who doesn't only tweet your own stuff (e.g. Twitter spam) but also retweet other people's stuff. You can also recruit followers by linking to your Twitter profile from your blogs, websites, etc. Being part of an activist group for like minded issues is really helpful.

In short to get followers you need to follow others, without playing the follow/unfollow game. You also need to find like minded tweeps to follow and actively RT (retweet) other people's stuff.

Like website promotion, Twitter is a long term investment that takes time to pay dividends. If you think you can just spam your links via Twitter and gets lots of traffic you are sadly mistaken.
    Ken Barbalace - EnvironmentalChemistry.com (Environmental Careers, Blog)
    InternetSAR.org: Volunteers Assisting Search and Rescue via the Internet
    My Firefox Theme Classic Compact: Based onFirefox's classic theme but uses much less window space

if you're going to use Twitter, tweet your blog posts with helpful information. This gets people to click on your link and arrive to your blog.

Do not Twitter the product. People can smell spam a mile away.
    my website