Thread: I'm Desperate For an Idea

Junior Registered

I'm Desperate For an Idea

Ok, so I have experience creating web sites, and tried my hand at creating a social site. However, when changing the site one time, I screwed it up, and I've decided to start from scratch. I have like $65 waiting in adsense haha. But my question is...What sort of site would you all like to see, that could actually attract visitors? Because I've seen stupid sites like one that just plays White Noise, and it gets many hits, but I can't seem to think of a little stupid idea like that..so yeah, I'm hoping you all can help.

You can work on stupid ideas and dream big.

Or you can work on good ideas and dream smaller.

Get what I'm saying? Don't worry about thinking of a site that can make you millions, make a site that can make you thousands, much easier, then make another one, and another, and you can get to a million eventually.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

Quahog's Most Wanted Dan Schulz's Avatar
    Not only that, but by the time you start making that kind of money (following Chris's advice) you'll not only have a small portfolio of sites you can sell (if you needed to raise money quickly for venture capital or to cover emergency expenses) but will also have enough revenue coming in to actually afford a dedicated server or two - possibly even someone to build the sites for you as needed.
    "Far away in cyberspace are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can envision their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead me."
    —Anonymous

Junior Registered

Thank you

Yes, that's exactly what I'm thinking. I'm really trying to think of a few small ideas in order to really get started, and maybe you're right, it could lead to bigger and better things...The ideas are always the hardest part. Thank you. Happy Holidays.

Cool Go for something you do best

Angle your ideas around something you do well- if you play the piano, create a music based site; if you parkour, create a parkour site.

I find if you go for something your interested in, you'll soon think up more ideas- and more ideas mean more traffic, more money.

One piece of advice- keep it simple
    Site-Design.org.uk - small web developer

Um lets see any type of site is good unless its illegal i know like stuff thats has to do with games and stuff like that get a lot of hits like game informers, cheats, and stuff like that but if you have 65$ idk it would be hard to get something going i spent 200$ getting my site up and running with paying out the butt for advertising and shirts, staff, ect..
    ( get good volunteers for you site)
    good hosts - Hostgator!!!! you can but their 7.95 a month package it has unlimited disk space, bandwith so it will host your site easy =] and you get a cpannel xD

Need more help? Skype - Filez101

Junior Registered

Stimulate those brain cells!

Quote Originally Posted by coolmaster View Post
    But my question is...What sort of site would you all like to see, that could actually attract visitors? Because I've seen stupid sites like one that just plays White Noise, and it gets many hits, but I can't seem to think of a little stupid idea like that...
    Coolmaster I know just what you need - a challenge!

Less than a year ago I was much the same as you (OK maybe a little older :-) ) and I needed a new direction. While surfing for new ideas of how to be successful I stumbled over the 30 Day Challenge. This is put together by a crazy Aussie who plays the guitar, creates online video courses, and apparently makes WAY too much money on the web.

Long story short, before I could view more than a week's worth of his video course ( they're free, fun and full of ideas about new web technologies ) I had a video project up on the web, hundreds of hits on it, and four SEO-Video-Website clients - big insurance companies! I've never advertised since and I've never stopped working.

What I'm saying is you need something outside your head that rolls your brain around and makes you see things a new way; I think the 30 Day Challenge could do it for you. Google 'em!

Luck!

Junior Registered
    Hi friends,
    I want to make my website easy to open everywhere in the world. Some of my friends said it is not opening well. How can I do this? And when I check google for my tours on my site, I couldn't find it in the first few pages. How can I do this?
    www.silkroadinn.com