Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meta Tags

Registered

Meta Tags

Is it best to alter your meta tags for specific content on your pages, or is it better to keep the meta tags more general, ie as they are on your home page?

Quahog's Most Wanted Dan Schulz's Avatar
    Yes, you want your META tags to be unique for every page. This means having a unique description and keywords targeted for every page of your site.

Also note that the <title></title> tags are not considered to be META tags by the HTML specification, but are treated and counted as page data (these should also be unique to every page on your site).
    "Far away in cyberspace are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can envision their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead me."
    —Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by hairycaterpillar View Post
    Is it best to alter your meta tags for specific content on your pages, or is it better to keep the meta tags more general, ie as they are on your home page?
    Meta Tags don't hold much weight, but I still use them and I give each page a unique meta tag or at the very least, mix it up by adding a keyword that relates specifically to that page.

Junior Registered
    Keep your META keyword and description short and precise, instead of farming it with irrelevant keywords for your content. Google appreciates more with this approach.

Quote Originally Posted by hairycaterpillar View Post
    Yes, because meta tags use for describing your website be relevant the content of your website if you optimizing a description and keyword.

Registered
    The Meta tags are to be created as per page rather than simply copying and pasting a predefined set of words and tags on all pages as this would look very unnatural and artificial. Use the tags to tell search engines what your pages are about in brief actually.

Registered

Cool

Meta Tag Description should be about the size of a twitter (160 characters or less) and give a precise description of what that page (as in that one html page) is about. Generally this is the info that appears under your title in search engine results, so obviously more custom is better. Same goes for page Title meta tag - since this is what search engines use to display your site in their results.

I believe that keeping your meta keywords relevant to the specific page's content will count in your favor. It's not exactly hard work to do this, and changes are that the search engines make use of those keywords in some way or another.

Junior Registered
    every page's keyword meta tags is different
    [url=www.chinesehobby.com] rc helicopter china [url]
    [url=www.chinesehobby.com] rc cars china [url]

Registered
    meta tags are very important factor of seo,meta tags always should not have more than 7 words..because these are the words which go through search engines,so the meta 's should be more customized..

Registered
    I've read google doesn't even consider the meta keywords tag, but meta description is still somewhat important, and each page should have something that describes what it is about.

Junior Registered
    you can change your Meta tags to find a format that works best for your website. Whenever changing your description tag, remember that most search engines that continue to spider description tags also use that tag when displaying your listing.

Amuthan
    lenvica.in

Banned
    Must be unique, relevant, short and support your keywords.

Meta tags must be useful to users. Specially description because it tells what the site/page is all about. Meta tags on different pages must not be the same.

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by cooluks View Post
    Meta tags must be useful to users. Specially description because it tells what the site/page is all about. Meta tags on different pages must not be the same.
    This is an old thread, I think nowadays everyone know how to manage meta tags