Thread: Joomla - Creating Links

Junior Registered

Joomla - Creating Links

Hi everyone

As you can see I am new here, I am here because I am trying to sort my mum and sisters website for their recently opened dog grooming business.

I would really appreciate any help yo guys could offer

Basically, someone created a webiste originally and hasnt helped with anything afterwards, I am trying to create more pages and links for them.

My question is, I dont know how to create more links, on my site www.poochieparlour.co.uk, there are links in place to "events" "contact us" etc and I want to use the same sytle links but with different pages i.e FAQ etc

I hope that makes sense, and I appreciate any help

Mark
    Poochie Parlour
    Dog Grooming - Pet Retail
    Arbury Court Cambridge

I haven't used Joomla before - but I'd say its probably best to ask on the Joomla Forum to get the best answers
    I Do Website Design - but I am here to learn all about publishing

FunAndEducational.com
    In order to add another menu to your top navigation menu, you need to log into the Joomla administrative backend at ...

http://poochieparlour.co.uk/cms/administrator/

And use its interface to add the menu. However, it looks like the top nav menu is already taking up the full width of the page. Therefore, there is not enough room to add another menu unless you widen all the pages. This can be done by altering the Joomla template files (you need to know HTML, CSS, and a little of PHP for that).

If you don't have the login information to the Joomla administrative backend because the web designer never gave it to you, then you need a Joomla expert to hack into it for you. But the Joomla expert will require FTP access to the site.
    Last edited by artcoder; 12-03-2008 at 11:06 PM.

You can always add another navigation bar other than the top navigation. When you create a new menu a module for the menu will be automatically generated. You can find the module with the same title as the new menu that created under the tab extensions, then to modules. Once there click on the module titled your menu name and then under the position tab you can set where on the page you want the new navigation box to be, I would choose either left or right. Hope that helps.

Jaclyn
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________________
    Iveck.com website design & internet marketing
    Last edited by jhawtin; 02-23-2009 at 03:07 PM.