Thread: Registering my first domain

Junior Registered

Registering my first domain

Ok so I've been hosting my own website for a few months now. I've built my own server, and its running the appropriate software that a web-server should run. I've also been using a no-ip.com port 80 redirect, just so I don't have to put my IP in every single time I want to go to the page. Well I finally have the funds to register my own domain. Since this is my first time doing this I was wondering what I should expect. Will there be something along the line that like no-ip allow me to redirect to my ip. Also what other charges am I looking at. I know that somewhere along the line I should go with a hosting site, but for now I don't really have the funds, and I don't know how popular my site will be. I've had my eye on sotrix as far as hosting goes, but that is sometime down the line. For now I just want to know about what to expect after I purchase my domain. After all I don't want to rush into this blindly.

Domains work with name servers, if you do not have your own you will need to obtain them. Google for "free name servers" and you should find plenty.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

Junior Registered
    GoDaddy is a good domain hosting place i guess people say it should be quite cheap... some even say its the cheapest but i dont know if it is...