Thread: Back links

Back links

hi

what is the best way for me to go about getting backlinks ?

new to this just started as a hobby now getting addicted
    http//:webwander.co.uk

Quahog's Most Wanted Dan Schulz's Avatar
    That's going to depend on what the site's market, niche and topic happen to be. You can get started by submitting to relevant (and quality) directories, but from there on in you're going to need to establish some working relationships and connections.

Writing quality content that others will naturally want to link to (some "SEO Gurus" will call this "link bait") would be a great way to start.

If you haven't done so yet, check out the free SEO Guide on this site.
    "Far away in cyberspace are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can envision their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead me."
    —Anonymous

Junior Registered
    Is link-exchange considered back-linking?

Quahog's Most Wanted Dan Schulz's Avatar
    Link exchanging is just that. You're essentially "swapping" votes between two pages on different sites. (An example would be linking to your home page from my home page, and you doing the same from yours.)
    "Far away in cyberspace are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can envision their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead me."
    —Anonymous

There are many ways to build back links. Getting involved in various forums and communities related to the niche will help find ways to build the links. Searching commenting on various related blogs that offer do-follow will effectively help build both links and traffic to your site.

Though directories are not counted as much as they use to be, they should still be utilized as ways to build back links.

I've always been wondering how much weight Google assigns to backlinks coming from forums and blog comments. Google obviously knows that webmasters can build backlinks in that way and they also know very well that 100 of these kind of links are not the same as 1 link from a static HTML page on some other site.

I am not saying that including links in forum posts (and signatures) is a waste of time. However, I am asking if anyone knows for sure how much weight Google gives to those links, compared to links of static HTML pages.

Does anyone know?

Content has been well emphasized already by Dan. Thebest links you can get are organic links. You get them when other sites decide to link to your content.

Ask for links from related websites. Directories. Forums. Social. Press releases. List goes on and on

Junior Registered

Getting backlinks

Quote Originally Posted by ethan0904 View Post
    hi

what is the best way for me to go about getting backlinks ?

new to this just started as a hobby now getting addicted
    One of the best methods of getting quality backlinks is to write compelling press releases. If news is informative, current or provocative people will naturally want to link to it, If you're in fashion, what the latest product? Who's wearing what? I would advise getting a third party to scrutinise and distribute your news. Make sure it is syndicated by Google and Yahoo news but don't neglect the thousands of other quality newswires available such as AP (Associate Press).

I hope this helps

Junior Registered
    Adding your comments on blogs in your niche market is also great away to get back links. Only give a comment that will help the blogger or the visitors that are at the blog. To many people just comment anything. And don't spam ..
    I'm a member of a private money making society online. Want to join me?
    http://bit.ly/internetmarketingstrategy

Registered
    Automatic back-links by joomla.

A module that will automatically display links from the AutomaticBacklinks dot com service on your web site.

The more links you display, the more back-links you will get.

This is a great way to increase you search engine ranking by getting 100's AF backlinks in minutes.

Used by SEO professionals and web site owners who want to increase the ranking of their sites.

BackLinks module for Joomla 1.0.xx and 1.5.x, I think this module will useful for you are selling text link from Back Links and Brokerage LinkAdAge because this module work for both Back Links and Brokerage LinkAdAge.