Thread: What do you think of my site?

Registered

Question What do you think of my site?

Hi guys! I'm looking for honest opinions of a new site that has been developed but hasn't launched yet. You can view it here:

http://www.loverly.com/index.php

What do you like or dislike? What would you change? Would you remove any topics or page elements? I got some feedback from novices yesterday, and I'm posting it here now to get feedback from Web savvy people. I'm open to all suggestions and constructive criticism -- so it wouldn't bother me if you hate it, but please give me your reasons!

Just fyi - the site hasn't been SEOd yet and the content is very preliminary. Thanks for looking!

The site is not bad. One thing I noticed is there is no link back to the homepage. At least I could not find it. The ads make it look a little spammy.

I would be careful with the adsense ads under hottest trends. You can not use images next to adsense ads and it looks like the adsense is part of your sites shopping ads.

Overall, the site is a nice start and as you add content, it will minimize the spammy look.

Good luck!

Gimme Fries with that!
    right now it looks spammy, im not sure whats content and whats a promotion. that can be good for upfront ad click throughs but not for long term readers. Totally my 2cents, not intended to make you feel bad. Looks better then my sites did when I first built them

Registered
    Thanks! The novices who looked at the site also didn't like the Google ads, so I'm probably going to take them off. Someone else also didn't like that the newsletter form was on the homepage. So basically, I'm going to have to remove the stuff and just try to monetize the site through making recommendations in my text.

As it stands, there are also probably too many topics and I'm going to have to either cut it down or consolidate stuff. It's rather depressing after doing so much work on it! But I really appreciate your feedback!

I may actually do a larger overhaul of the site now because people are telling me that I need to make it more unique. Like why would people visit my site regularly when there are a billion sites that cover the same topic? But I think it's near impossible to find a way to be truly unique.

Thanks!

Gimme Fries with that!
    haha well im not sure im a novice and i hated the google ad placement. Was to spammy. It looks like click bait

And as for being unique that is key. But its also not that hard. You just have to give people a reason to read your site. You will never appeal to everyone but you can appeal to 1% and thats a big number, even 1/2% is a big number depending on the niche. Soon as you try to please all audiences is when you fail. You just cant do all things well on one site. i know

Junior Registered
    Hi, i have a client's site

Last month, our site has a very good ranking in google, but in this month ,

ranking is suddently fallys on our keywords.

But the keywords ranking in Yahoo is very much increased.
    I can not understand why this is done by google.

Can any body give me some suggestion

Regards

Property Directory | Wholesale Billiards
    Wholesale Batteries |Stock Brokers Directory

SHOGUN
    WAY too Spammy.
    Shogun Skateboards

Junior Registered

great but....

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Hi guys! I'm looking for honest opinions of a new site that has been developed but hasn't launched yet. You can view it here:

What do you like or dislike? What would you change? Would you remove any topics or page elements? I got some feedback from novices yesterday, and I'm posting it here now to get feedback from Web savvy people. I'm open to all suggestions and constructive criticism -- so it wouldn't bother me if you hate it, but please give me your reasons!

Just fyi - the site hasn't been SEOd yet and the content is very preliminary. Thanks for looking!
    OMG! I really admire the fact that you actually got started, and did your thing. However I feel that your site would be a lot more appealing without the 'white' background. I would have any other color besides 'white'. Other than the white background, your site is 'TIGHT'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post

I just joined this board, so I have to check on some rules, before I post.

When I joined this bulletin board I had to sign an agreement that I would not post any links to my web site(s) with the exception of my signature. The instructions said that my profile would be immediately deleted, and that I may even be ridiculed, if I ever posted a link to my site.

Since I am new here, I was just checking out some of the threads and noticed that other people have posted links to their sites (such as in the opening post of this thread) and also noticed that no one objected.

I don't really care one way or another, but I want to be clear on the rules, so that I know how to post in the future, when I may have some specific design questions about the sites I may be designing or re-designing.

I would appreciate if someone could clarify this issue. I want to respect the rules, but I want to have a clear understanding before I start posing.

In fact, at this time I don't even have the need to post a link. This information is just for my future reference.

Thank you...

PS - This is a great site, by the way. I already learned a lot just by reading the articles.