Thread: Marketshare, what are your thoughts?

Junior Registered

Exclamation Marketshare, what are your thoughts?

Well after debating for two years on how I plan to build a successful web community, I have started to develop a localized niche portal. The Oklahoma Scene. It will be tailored to only oklahomans and will offer the main stream services like dating, classifieds, auctions, videos, business ratings, ect. It will also have a a ever growing collection of small niches related directly to oklahoma culture or events in some way or another. All of this in the hopes of capturing some market share away from the national, generalized services like myspace or match.com. Also all of the services will be completely free. I would hope to launch in-house marketing campaigns with local business owners for a flat rate monthly fee depending on exposure regions/topics. Anyways, the biggest problem I am having is luring people from oklahoma into the new site, I just cant find local sites or forums???? What does everybody have to say about all of this.

my site so far:
    main place holder
    classifieds section

Junior Registered
    Hello...

Market share, in strategic management and marketing, is the percentage or proportion of the total available market or market segment that is being serviced by a company. It can be expressed as a company's sales revenue from that market divided by the total sales revenue available in that market. It can also be expressed as a company's unit sales volume (in a market) divided by the total volume of units sold in that market. It is generally necessary to commission market research to estimate the total market size and a company's market share.........
    infomercialscams.com/defenses/john_alexander_real_estate