Thread: Lack of Connection

Junior Registered

Lack of Connection

I was just wondering whether anyone could help me with the problem I have here.

I have recently taken over a site for my university football team, and all was going swimmingly for the first month or so. However, now whenever I try to just access the site normally on Firefox, I get the error message...

'Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.......com (I didn't know whether to put the actual site address here, I can put it if it would help anyone).

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    * If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
    * If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."

There is no problem with my internet connection, so I figured that it must be a problem with maybe the server where the site is hosted. And it was here that I ran into difficulties! The domain of the site is registered with a site (123reg, if that makes a difference), but I don't think that it is hosted from the same site because there is no history of paying for web-hosting on this site. Unfortunately, the previous web-master didn't share this kind of information with me though!

Whenever I have been uploading information, it has been to the address blade.lorika.com, so I googled this and have found a local firm called Lorika Business Solutions. Figuring that this looked promising, I tried to access their web-site, but this site is also down and seems to have been for a decent amount of time.

I am trying to get in contact with the previous web-master to try to figure this mystery out, but am a very inexperienced web-master so wondered if anyone could suggest anything in the meantime.

Thanks very much for your help!

Start>run>cmd <enter>

type in "tracert yourdomain" (tracert example.com)

this will tell you where your problem lies, if it is your connection you'll notice it fail early, if it is the business you'll notice it fail at the end. If there is no failure the server is up, but not working with your browser, so HTTP (apache) may be off.

Most hosts have trouble ticket systems for these types of problems, you really need to know your username & password for your host's user area.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

Junior Registered
    Thanks very much. The site came back up on its own, so it was a problem with the host. I'm bugging the old web-master for the details of who is actually hosting the site.

Thanks!