Thread: Check out my new homepage

Junior Registered

Check out my new homepage

please check out my new personal homepage and let me have your feedbacks about what you think or where i can improve,

thank you very much.

http://www.dangmn.net

Junior Registered
    I assume you are trying to get back links by posting here and I won't fault you for that. Afterall this is my first post here as well but I'll try not to be so obvious about self promtion ;-)

I think your blog appearance has potential. I commend you for using an actual website and using CSS rather than a a blogging website.

First of all I think you need some interesting content. Not to be overly critical, but your day to day updates of how you updated your site and what changes you made just isn''t going to hold anyone's interest.

Try writing about what you know about and using that knowledge of a subject to help me as a reader. Or take currnent event topics from the newspaper that may be provocitve and write your opinions on it and encourage your readers to contribute their opinions. Barack Obama and his wife on the cover of New Yorker magazine for instance could be a hot topic of interest.

We certainly all want to promote our sites and get links to our sites out there but be careful about how and when you do this. Supppose you hit a home run by somehow getting your site recognized and all of a sudden 20,000 visitors show up today. If the topic is not interesting, they won't come back. If you grab them, then maybe 1% of them will come back tomorrow.
    What I'm trying to get at is, build the site that will captivate your audience first, then introduce it to the world. Not the other way around.

Next, I would suggest you get a nice logo or title image to fill the empty space at the top. Add some Google ads on the left column. While I'm not a fan of how google ads look, they are everywhere now and are almost a standard on a website.

Another good practice is to put inline links to either other blog entries you have made on your site or to other website. So within you text for example, when you mention New Yorker magazine, link it to the magazine as I have done here, or better yet, you could make that a link to an image of the actual cover. Pepper such links throughout your blog but don't over do it.

Read through the forums and blog on this site. The blog has some amazingly good tips all for free. Read them and implement them!

Lastly, I would suggest having a look at askdavetaylor.com or intuitive.com/blog (also by Dave Taylor). I've just started reading these blogs and they have "captivated" me with their simplicity and great content (and no, neither of these blogs are mine or belong to anyone I know :-) ).

Good luck with your blog and I hope my suggestions are helpfull to you.

Ok, 9 validation errors for THAT? We know we're headed to the land of /FAIL/. Add in inlined double-breaks, inlined presentation and the first heading tag on the page being a H4...

You wouldn't think something so simple could fail so hard.