Thread: How do you handle the financial aspects of purchasing/stocking all your product?

How do you handle the financial aspects of purchasing/stocking all your product?

This question is mainly for people who purchase and stock all of their product, not so much for people who do drop shipping (and thus pay after a product has been purchased.

In our niche, no products are drop shipped and we keep all product in stock. Everything is purchased up front...so all product in stock is already paid for.

Many times we have to pre-order product (as they are limited runs) but we won’t get billed for the product until maybe 2-3 months after we committed to purchasing. And even then we don’t always get the quantity we asked for nor do we know how much shipping costs will be to get the product to us (many times it comes from overseas).

So what we have here is a bit of a bookkeeping nightmare.

So my question is...how do we handle all of this? It’s hard to have any sort of budget because product releases come in huge waves and are extremely unpredictable. We’re really out of ideas on how to get a grasp on this.
    Josh.

I just put almost everything on business credit cards, and I don't expense it until I get the cc statement.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives