PDA

View Full Version : Google, MSN or Yahoo?

webarchitect
05-26-2008, 11:45 PM
If you are going to promote or try to even get your website included on the search engines, what SE will you prioritize?

Mine would be Google and Yahoo. it seems the MSN Search Engine is a bit off with their search technology. Plus, Google seems to be a widely viewed engine, with more publishers and advertisers.

Although Yahoo might have taken a stumble recently, they're still pretty much still in the race. I've been getting lots of hits from both Goog and Yhoo...

TryUsOut
05-30-2008, 01:50 AM
If possible, all of them - even the smaller engines. The more exposure you have, the most likely you'll get more traffic.

Dan Schulz
06-22-2008, 10:51 PM
None of them. I'd focus on the user and writing the best code and compelling content I possibly can, ensuring that there are no duplicate content issues, canonical URI problems, or anything else that could cause a problem with the search engines.

Afterall, even Google says, "would you build this site if we didn't exist?" ;)

demondust
06-24-2008, 07:38 AM
I'd give more priority on Google. It gives more traffic and Google is already tried and tested for times.

bermuda
06-24-2008, 10:20 AM
From the viewpoint of having web traffic, Google is the leader but everyone recommends working for having top rankings in all of the major search engines.

hans123
07-19-2008, 03:25 AM
I'll go for GOOGLE ...