PDA

View Full Version : What Happened To My Site?

juice5342
05-19-2008, 10:16 AM
Hello,

I am new here and someone on a blog recommended to goto this site for help. I have a website named http://www.ideas4occasions.com. I started this site around a month and a half ago and it was doing fine in search engine rankings in google. I was also getting some traffic. However, today I checked my website for a certain keyword phrase, and it was no longer in the top position. In fact, it wasn't even on any page. It seems as though my site has just disappeared.

It looks like my site is still indexed in google, but not sure why this happened. I use absolutely no black hat techniques. All I have is articles and blogs which I try and post to regularly. Perhaps it's only temporary?

Can someone point me in the right direction and perhaps explain to me what has happened to my site, what what I can do to correct this? I'm not very knowledgeable in this area.

I apologize if this question has been asked before.

Thanks for your time.

Mayank

mails
05-19-2008, 11:36 PM
Your site is indexed by Google and that's good. Increase your backlink and you'll also go higher in the search engine results. It's Google's algorithm what is behind this....nobody seems to "crack" it so far :)

Staying at the top can be very tough task....it depends on many factors, e.g. keyword or phrase competition.

~Mails