PDA

View Full Version : Google Webmaster Nightmare

saintryan
05-18-2008, 04:20 PM
Hi. This has probably already been raised a million times before, so sorry if i'm repeating a subject.

Why oh why is my website not on google. I converted my old website over to wordpress becasue to be honest, i love it. It makes managing my website a lot easier and creating and adding new features a lot easier aswell.
But google seem to not like it, and has therefore not been in google for a while.

I thought i would try and fix the problem by sighing up for google webmaster tools and submitting a sitemap and getting my site indexed. Only for it to tell me that my website cannot be verified due to the following error:
"We were unable to verify your file due to a server timeout."

Now as far as i know there is no server timeout at all, so why won't it verify.

Can someone help me please its very frustrating. As my site appear in yahoo just fine.

my url is: www.ryandennell.co.uk (http://www.ryandennell.co.uk)

thanks Ryan

Chris
05-18-2008, 06:11 PM
Seems like Google is having a technical problem reaching your site, make sure you're not banning googlebot in your server config files in anyway (by ip, etc). Also, make sure your DNS is setup correct (dnsstuff.com I believe has a free check).

organ
05-27-2008, 12:43 AM
maybe google banned you!

webarchitect
05-27-2008, 12:56 AM
Well the server timeout must be on their part and not on yours...and why dont you try doing it again...And besides, your website won't appear until after a few weeks of submission. But of course putting your link here for people to click will greatly help boosting the Google bots time to crawl your site, did you know?

:)