PDA

View Full Version : are all blogging sites are the same with search engine eyes?

thomaskelly
05-16-2008, 10:10 AM
Hi...

I want to blog my site
* which blogging sites should I use? which is Search engine friendly,
so that I can get inlinks quickly....

* are all blogging sites are the same with search engine eyes?
coz, i made a blog in different blogging sites and the blogs have exactly the same content, and when I take Google search for the exact topic of blog, the one of my blog exist in first page but the other one did not...why?

thanks....

Dan Schulz
05-16-2008, 06:09 PM
It depends on what you want to do, really. While WordPress is touted as being very SEO friendly, it does have some very serious issues that can only be addressed with a combination of plugins and custom fields. Blogspot/Blogger, well I don't use them, but I have heard that you're pretty limited in what you can do with them.

deathshadow
05-17-2008, 05:38 PM
Yeah, unless you go nuts customizing the output, most of the blogging systems 'off the shelf' blow chunks so far as the HTML output by them - Dan has done amazing things with Wordpress, but it still has some major shortcomings that you just can't fix with plugins and go right to the bone of how Wordpress works in the first place.

You compare to the code vomited up by blogger though, and they're worlds apart. Few if any blogs have code worth a damn, and as such from a SEO standpoint if the HTML output is bloated crap, it is HIGHLY unlikely it will rank well. It gets worse with some of the more complex themes written by people who don't seem to realize this is 2008, not 1997 - running you knee deep in code that doesn't even TRY to separate presentation from content, much less make use of simple concepts like semantic markup.

In some cases you can get accused of link stuffing just because they do stupid **** like putting the same text in the title attribute that they put inside the anchor itself (speaking of monuments to the stupididity of mankind)

Dan Schulz
05-18-2008, 01:17 AM
Uh Jason, that would be keyword stuffing, not link stuffing. And I don't see that being a problem with most WordPress blogs (yet), despite seeing it as a possible future bone of contention between bloggers and Google.

mails
05-19-2008, 11:28 PM
I love WordPress, lots of options....and please host on your own hosting.

mails